Follow me erratic on barge

Reaction score
Follow me mode caused my copter to fly very erratically while used on my barge. Could the top and or motor on the barge cause this?

You need to follow these points:

1. You should get good GPS lock on your mobile
2. Good communication between RC and AC
3. Minimum height (don't remember right now)
4. VPS definitely off if you are flying low on water

Did you meet these conditions?

Reactions: Mudcat
Is your barge a fat chunk of metal??? Check the compass mod values when you fly next to it.. If it reads 1500 then its ok. If it spikes more than +/- 200 then the compass is getting thrown off.

how do you turn off VPS anyway?

how do you turn off VPS anyway?
It's in your dji go app settings. Can't recall exactly where it is but it'll be there. I turned mine off while flying over the Gulf . You definitely want this off if your flying over water .

Is your barge a fat chunk of metal??? Check the compass mod values when you fly next to it.. If it reads 1500 then its ok. If it spikes more than +/- 200 then the compass is getting thrown off.
I guess I need to go deeper in my manual. not sure where to look for compass mod values? thanks for your reply, and please let me know how to see this..

You need to follow these points:

1. You should get good GPS lock on your mobile
2. Good communication between RC and AC
3. Minimum height (don't remember right now)
4. VPS definitely off if you are flying low on water

Did you meet these conditions?
Thanks for your reply, I'll her another try I may have been a little low

I guess I need to go deeper in my manual. not sure where to look for compass mod values? thanks for your reply, and please let me know how to see this..
MC settings (rotor icon) > Sensors. Here it will show you a bunch of numbers. Look at the bottom right corner for compass MOD value.

Reactions: Mudcat

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31