Follow Me almost gone bad!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new P3A owner... first drone I ever own and I am loving it!!

Yesterday I took out my P3A for a 3rd flight to test some features.

I set the Home location to the Remote.

Flew the drone for a while. at around 50% I started testing Follow Me. So I moved in my car and the drone followed me as expected.

At around 30%, an alarm started going off that battery level reached 30%. The drone was above me, it was sunny outside, I was working on landing it when suddenly it shoots off and away to what I figure is the drone going back to the first Home point.

The sun was so bright, I could not figure out how to cancel the go home setting... by the time I did, the drone was a bit far off and I could not figure out how to get it back....

Finally, made it come close and managed to land safely, needless to say, my heart rate was at max LOL ...

It would be nice to have a feature that would make the P3 land at your current location instead of flying back home to the intitial home spot.

I then saw in the Follow Me options that the drone can LAND, HOVER or GO HOME if the battery goes low. But LAND might not be a good spot for it... I think a new option of landing near the remote would be best for Follow Me.

Anyone faced this situation?

It would be nice to have a feature that would make the P3 land at your current location instead of flying back home to the intitial home spot.
You can change the home point to your current location if you are using a GPS enabled device such as a phone, Android tablet, or cellular iPad. A wifi only iPad does not allow it. Since you were using follow me, it sounds like you have a GPS enabled device.

Last edited:
On my P3P I can switch from F to P mode at any time, exit the follow me mode and take control.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can change the home point to your current location if you are using a GPS enabled device.
You can also reset the home point to the Phantom's current location. Either way, you should reset the home point if you've moved more than 20m away from the last recorded home point. Otherwise, your Phantom will want to rise to the RTH altitude and head back to the home point on low battery, loss of RC signal, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic