Foldable extended legs

I just made my first sale of this item!

It may have been me. It all finally arrived in the mail today - although I noticed it only had one compass clip - looks like it was missing one

somebody has some landing experience? Are they more stable to land? The wide version.

So without the landing skids, they legs aren't stable enough to land on it's own without collapsing so the skids are a must. With the skids, it lands fairly stable but has a slight wobble - nothing I was too worried about.

I purchased the leg extensions plus the skids and was good to go. Had a flight a few weeks ago where I was flying at speed and have video of the leg extensions coming off with the force of the wind - lost the extensions and both skids as well. Pretty disappointed to have lost all that after spending the money to get all these pieces together.

I'd like to see a new version without the need for the extensions - just a longer leg design. Perhaps a stronger locking mechanism for the skids too. Hopefully you can come through.

Trandg; I've updated the design to have longer legs, so the extensions become redundant. Insertion into the skids appears to create a stronger bind than into the extensions. I have a prototype that I'm not yet willing to sell that is clip on, rather than through friction.

Shapeways has begun promoting the redesigned legs, and I've reduced the price by more than 25% to encourage sales.

Hopefully at $59 for the full kit this will be more enticing for some of you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav