FOIL. Airchair/Hydrofoil Aerial Video - P2 H3-3D

Reaction score
Quick edit I put together of some friends out on the lake having some fun on an airchair! It was a challenge to shoot since the boat/skiier was going around 25MPH, so with the 10MPH wind it was difficult just to keep up!

Video is rock solid straight out of the gopro, no post stabilization, only minor color tweaks.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtTD1Tg1lVk[/youtube]

Sweet! I bought my Phantom for that exact purpose (filming foiling)! I can't wait for the ice to disappear to start messing around with it.

Were you flying from in the boat? FPV? Hand launch? So many questions! haha

Jebus said:
Sweet! I bought my Phantom for that exact purpose (filming foiling)! I can't wait for the ice to disappear to start messing around with it.

Were you flying from in the boat? FPV? Hand launch? So many questions! haha

Nice! It's a lot of fun, that's for sure! Just keep it out of the water ;)

I was flying from another boat in the middle of the lake, so the boat towing was more or less circling around us. I launched it from the back of the boat, set it on my pelican case and launched from there. I was flying FPV the whole time, my wife was spotting for me and making sure I didn't hit another boat, the water or any trees.

Right on. Thanks for the info. I haven't decided if I'll fly from land or from the tow boat - as I'm concerned about the Phantom not initializing correctly on the boat and having it dive right into the lake on takeoff. I'm sure as the summer progresses, and I hopefully haven't put it in the drink, I'll get more confident and will be trying a few things out.

Cheers!

Jebus said:
Right on. Thanks for the info. I haven't decided if I'll fly from land or from the tow boat - as I'm concerned about the Phantom not initializing correctly on the boat and having it dive right into the lake on takeoff. I'm sure as the summer progresses, and I hopefully haven't put it in the drink, I'll get more confident and will be trying a few things out.

Cheers!

I'd definitely start flying from land! Much easier to judge things and return to home feature is still useful. I flew from a boat and didn't have any problems with the phantom not initializing correctly, though I was a bit worried as it was a first for me.

Good luck with your flying this summer. Definitely share your videos here, I'd love to see what you get!

Thanks again. Once I get something worth sharing, I'll be sure to post it here on the forums (although I have a long ways to go to make my shots look as smooth as yours!).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers