Fog

I live on the east coast and have flown in fog. Depending on the level of fog it can be like flying in precipitation.

If it is heavy fog as well you most likely will lose line of sight.

I have flown my phantom in localized fog that is down on the river because it was a great visual. When I brought the phantom back it was quite wet. I am not sure I would go into the fog again...

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I have to get above it but you better know where your
are as your fling blind.
The only issue I have ever had is condensation on the lens
And your bird might get damp.

I live on the east coast and have flown in fog. Depending on the level of fog it can be like flying in precipitation.

If it is heavy fog as well you most likely will lose line of sight.

I have flown my phantom in localized fog that is down on the river because it was a great visual. When I brought the phantom back it was quite wet. I am not sure I would go into the fog again...

Sorry, was crafting my post same time you were .

I'm the east coast also.... I'm not gonna chance it... being only I have about 4hrs flight time.. maybe when I get a little more experienced I'll do it because it look likes it would have been a really cool shot

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Bear this in mind ... Rain is condensed water drops. Fog is air that has cooled but still carries the moisture. Snow id frozen water vapour.

Fog can actually be the worst of the three because it invades all much easier than heavier water drops and snow flakes. Think about when you walk in it ... ever have that awful damp feeling inside your clothes down your back etc. ?

I fly in light fog - spectacular effects when sun is low etc. And as another says - the low lying mist on water is something else. But heavy fog - I would not ...

My opinion ...

Nigel

I'm the east coast also.... I'm not gonna chance it... being only I have about 4hrs flight time.. maybe when I get a little more experienced I'll do it because it look likes it would have been a really cool shot

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Yes,

I had fog down on the river only with sunshine all around. Scrambled to get my drone and launch to go down and get some awesome video. Only had the original 8GB card in it and it was full. Figured this out as I tried to start video while it was there.

Went out that day and bought a 64GB card.

I will get the video next time...

About 4 or 5 times a year there is a fog line that rolls in along two of the Finger Lakes in western NY and I am able to get close to them but I have refrained from flying into them. The moisture would probably ruin the video image and afterwards the camera would have to dry out.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen