Focus Peaking Question?

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has turned off their focus peaking adjust mode? The freaking red outline is driving me crazy on screen! Just wondering if it is really helping that much.

Are you talking about that center point? You can turn that off or change shape and color.

f75d57e8774d7f81bcaaef3bab16e44b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Are you talking about that center point? You can turn that off or change shape and color.

f75d57e8774d7f81bcaaef3bab16e44b.jpg

No. He's talking about focus peaking. As he said.

If it bugs you, turn it off. That's what the off switch is for.

Pity you can't assign C1/C2 to this.

No. He's talking about focus peaking. As he said.

If it bugs you, turn it off. That's what the off switch is for.

Pity you can't assign C1/C2 to this.
Yes, it def bugs me inkytog! Just wondered if you thought it helped with focusing at all!

Yes, it def bugs me inkytog! Just wondered if you thought it helped with focusing at all!

Yes. It does. That's the point of it.
Try setting it to 70% which will be a little less 'hot' on everything, but the trade off is that it won't show as much in lower light.

It works on contrast between points so low contrast shots you might need it at 90%.

I dnt think its accurate..

Well it's certainly more accurate than your spelling! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

As a photographer, I find focus peaking really isn't that helpful, particularly for really wide-angle lenses, which virtually all these drones have. The depth of field on these lenses is just so extensive!
I find that 99% of shots are perfectly in focus when focused at infinity.
Honestly, with aerial photography, you can just set your lens to infinity and forget about it.

It can, however, help with normal and telephoto lenses on 'serious' cameras.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Well it's certainly more accurate than your spelling! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

As a photographer, I find focus peaking really isn't that helpful, particularly for really wide-angle lenses, which virtually all these drones have. The depth of field on these lenses is just so extensive!
I find that 99% of shots are perfectly in focus when focused at infinity.
Honestly, with aerial photography, you can just set your lens to infinity and forget about it.

It can, however, help with normal and telephoto lenses on 'serious' cameras.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Exactly what I was thinking the whole time on this PixelDoc! These lenses are so wide. Once you get outside of 60-100ft. everything should be in focus anyway. I only see this helping if you were continually flying in tight to subject a lot. Thanks for your repley man.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4