Fnal Cut Pro X and 2.7K

Reaction score
So, I just filmed my first movies in the new 2.7k/25fps resolution. When I import those into FCP into a new Event, everything's fine. When I create a new Project (movie), FCP asks me what the properties will be and offers 2048xsomething.... Can I change the output, or do I have to scale the video down?

S.

Yep, that's my experience. I only film 4k on the quad now, but usually crop, render etc back to 1080p for sharing. Despite the latest and most powerful MacBook Pro, 4k really taxes any computer and get dropped frames.

I use a late 2014 iMac 5K and 4K videos edit fine in FCP. You can change your resolution when you export ("Share") your movies if you select the format that supports that. If you pick Apple TV 1080p then obviously you're not going to get higher resolution than 1080p. Share to your hard drive; you have more flexibility there.

You can do both in FCPX. And you can post 2.7K to youtube. It may try to conform it though. I would recommend editing on a 1080p timeline. The 2.7K should add resolution and clarity to the shot.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4