Flyway destroyed a building in St. Louies

honestly, I believe it will be more of the embellishment of the drone incident stories from the media that leads to tighter control and restrictions on how we can use these... The media has picked up on how cool and sexy these 'drone' stories are and will take any opportunities to embellish a story. This particular story involved someone flying their drone downtown (which may not have been the smartest place to fly) however the drone landed on someone's balcony. No damage to property or person was reported that I saw. They didn't even say what law was being violated, but yet the police are looking for the person. I wonder why? ;)

srandall25 said:
honestly, I believe it will be more of the embellishment of the drone incident stories from the media that leads to tighter control and restrictions on how we can use these... The media has picked up on how cool and sexy these 'drone' stories are and will take any opportunities to embellish a story. This particular story involved someone flying their drone downtown (which may not have been the smartest place to fly) however the drone landed on someone's balcony. No damage to property or person was reported that I saw. They didn't even say what law was being violated, but yet the police are looking for the person. I wonder why? ;)

What cracked me up was the idiot "man on the street" folks. "Cameras? My privacy!" They are appalled by a drone, but haven't noticed cameras everywhere around them? On street signs, businesses, dash-mounted cop cams, etc.. Then there is NSA and their out-of-control power trip to "protect us" by snooping on our phone calls, texts, emails, browsing history, geolocation, online gaming activity, and financial transactions. NSA intercepting computer and cell shipments and installing spyware, and NSA actively infecting millions of computers with similar spyware. But that Phantom...that's over the top! Duh.... :roll:

Dirty Bird said:
srandall25 said:

What cracked me up was the idiot "man on the street" folks. "Cameras? My privacy!" They are appalled by a drone, but haven't noticed cameras everywhere around them? On street signs, businesses, dash-mounted cop cams, etc.. Then there is NSA and their out-of-control power trip to "protect us" by snooping on our phone calls, texts, emails, browsing history, geolocation, online gaming activity, and financial transactions. NSA intercepting computer and cell shipments and installing spyware, and NSA actively infecting millions of computers with similar spyware. But that Phantom...that's over the top! Duh.... :roll:

My thoughts exactly. But wow, hahaha. This story baffles me a little... nothing was broken, nobody was hurt, or killed yet they'll consider this a crime! I'm surprised they didn't take in that guy that had a drone as well and be like "WHERE IS YOUR DRONE BUDDY?! WHERE ARE YOU HIDING HIM?! WE HAVE QUESTIONS TO ASK".

Why do we have these things? WHY?! WHY?!!!! BECAUSE IT'S A MOTHER FRIGGIN' HOBBY. :evil:

It's not like we're purposely doing anything wrong.. flyaways do happen and pretty much isn't theoretically our fault. :roll:

I suspect that if a phantom destroyed a 35 story building, officials should be investigating the architect and engineers that designed the building. Hope my kids never hit a baseball out of the park either. FAA will investigate the bat. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20