Flytron strobes, and bike lite.

Is anyone using these lights for daytime (daylight) tracking? I don't fly at night but it sure would be nice to have a lightweight strobe for visual tracking during daylight. also keep in mind that an additional 4 oz of payload on a P3P will reduce flying time buy about 3-4 minutes so light and light weight would be a prime combination.

Andrew

Is anyone using these lights for daytime (daylight) tracking? I don't fly at night but it sure would be nice to have a lightweight strobe for visual tracking during daylight. also keep in mind that an additional 4 oz of payload on a P3P will reduce flying time buy about 3-4 minutes so light and light weight would be a prime combination.

Andrew
I tried the Standalones on a really bright, sunny and cloudless day recently. I found if you use the white one on the rear of the AC, and point it down slightly so it's oriantated toward you on the ground, you can see it really well, out to about 500 feet @ 200ft altitude. But I've bought them for use at dusk and night, when they'll be really visible I'm sure. Also, a pair of the Flytron Standalones weigh in at .3oz, that's 8gms and this is with a pair of Velcro tabs attached - one side for the standalone and one side to affix to the AC - so that's pretty insignificant.
A pair of the USB LED bike lights I've got weigh in at 2.1oz (60gms) so would give a couple of minutes less flight time. These have 16 LED's in each unit, produce 1.5 watt, have a 2 hour life on strobe operation at high intensity. However, I do have to try these on the AC and am planning to mount these on opposite landing legs.

I dont think my bike lights weigh that much. I have not had flight time loss, that was notifiable. The largest one I have weigh 1.2 OZ. the small ones weigh 25 grams.

TE="Numone, post: 958831, member: 50457"]I tried the Standalones on a really bright, sunny and cloudless day recently. I found if you use the white one on the rear of the AC, and point it down slightly so it's oriantated toward you on the ground, you can see it really well, out to about 500 feet @ 200ft altitude. But I've bought them for use at dusk and night, when they'll be really visible I'm sure. Also, a pair of the Flytron Standalones weigh in at .3oz, that's 8gms and this is with a pair of Velcro tabs attached - one side for the standalone and one side to affix to the AC - so that's pretty insignificant.
A pair of the USB LED bike lights I've got weigh in at 2.1oz (60gms) so would give a couple of minutes less flight time. These have 16 LED's in each unit, produce 1.5 watt, have a 2 hour life on strobe operation at high intensity. However, I do have to try these on the AC and am planning to mount these on opposite landing legs.[/QUOTE]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4