Flytrex

Tell you the truth, it is not worth it. I wasted 6 months waiting for one that never showed. Ended up cancelling my order. Glad I did since it seems not worth having on a P3.

just received & installed mine .. ordered direct from flytrex .. slow post but arrived in 2 weeks or so. They do have a new model and you can tell the new one because it does not have the red and black hardwired power wires as pictured on their site .. if you order from the local shop, be sure you get a new model. It will get power from the ribbon wires from the drone. Note that there is a design change not pictured in the flytrex site, which required me to remove the camera / gimbal unit from the drone to install the flytrex - the reason is that the 6 conductor ribbon wire which connects to the Vertical Positioning Sensor unit must be removed, but the new (?) P3P design has that cable clamped down under the bracket that the gimbal secures to (see photo below). So, I had to remove the gimbal/camera, then unscrew the mount for the gimbal, remove the ribbon wire, and re attach the bracket, then the gimbal / camera. Sounds harder than it was .. was actually very easy to do - just needs patience, tweezers like they show, a magnifying glass and for me a bright flashlight (torch) and a T8 (I believe) screwdriver (I am pretty sure I needed T8, T9 and T10). Also note on the SIM card, you'll need one with GPRS data .. my first one didn't seem to be configured correctly, so I got a different SIM, configured it on a cell phone, then put it into the flxtrex and that worked great. Having an intermittent signal loss issue since installing the flytrex and trying to track down whether it is somehow the flytrex or is unrelated (perhaps my USB cable). First flight yesterday with the flytrex and being able to track it is great (eventhough I could see the P3P the whole time). Good luck!

20151230_005834.jpg

Reactions: Brian T
Note though that the Flytrex for the P3 does not include battery voltage or flight mode data as it did on the P2.

And their customer support is quite lacking.

Otherwise though, it is currently the only product that does what it does. And I have one each for my P3 and P2.

Reactions: dirtybum
I am hoping now that they have their own drone out and shipping that perhaps they can work on some of the updates for the P3 .. however they may also want to work on updates for their drone. I am going to try to message them to nudge them along on some of the P3 updates .. that may have no effect based on some of the emails, but they have been somewhat responsive on my recent messages.

I noticed that my Flytrex Live 3G Plus for Phantom 3 has a firmware update available. Update 26.20151207 which looks like it was released on Dec. 7, 2015. Anyone know if this update does anything significant?

I have the most current FW on my LIVE 3G+, I have no idea what the update did but my is working great, gets a quick green lamp and I'm good to go.

I have the most current FW on my LIVE 3G+, I have no idea what the update did but my is working great, gets a quick green lamp and I'm good to go.
Good to know.

Flytrex is the only tracker that, if you loose your go app, you can switch over to flytrex app and watch in real time that your bird is indeed in RTH mode. Also, beeing able to walk right to your downed bird with the last seen tool is a experience that is priceless. Anyone who trusted the dji apps last seen feature only to be left birdless and guessing, knows that dji's last seen is almost useless in an emergency situation. I never fly w/out flytrex

Flytrex app? D'oh! I didn't even know Flytrex had an app! Gotta get that.

Anyways, my flytrex has been working flawlessly since day 1. But I have a Vision.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20