Flytrex questions...

gunslinger

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I just installed Flytrex in my P2V and have a few questions. (thanks to Pull_Up for his video on cracking open the P2V Shell, made it much easier.) I see the first mission file name is "0001.fpv" If I use a different MicroSd next time out and it gives it the same name, is that a problem?

In other words do I have to keep the mission numbers straight on my end or are they doing it via file date, file size, etc. on their end. Either way I can live with, just need to know what the deal is.

Also... I created my quad AFTER I uploaded my first mission. It shows my P2V with zero flights. Is there a way to allocate that mission to that quad? Will that happen automatically with ongoing missions?

Thanks...
-slinger

gunslinger said:
I just installed Flytrex in my P2V and have a few questions. (thanks to Pull_Up for his video on cracking open the P2V Shell, made it much easier.) I see the first mission file name is "0001.fpv" If I use a different MicroSd next time out and it gives it the same name, is that a problem?

In other words do I have to keep the mission numbers straight on my end or are they doing it via file date, file size, etc. on their end. Either way I can live with, just need to know what the deal is.

Also... I created my quad AFTER I uploaded my first mission. It shows my P2V with zero flights. Is there a way to allocate that mission to that quad? Will that happen automatically with ongoing missions?

Thanks...
-slinger

Hi Slinger :)

I'll be glad to try and help with this.

Regarding the file names, there is no problem uploading two different missions to the Flytrex service that use the same file name. The Flytrex.com service doesn't rely on the file names to identify missions, so using the same file name for two (or more) missions should be no problem.

Furthermore, if you try uploading the same mission twice (whether it uses the same file name or different), the system will notify you that this mission file was already uploaded, so basically it protects you from uploading the same mission multiple times and prevents duplicated data.

The Flytrex Core board uses an auto-increase index for your mission files names, so each new mission will receive a new index for the file name. We recommend clearing mission files from your microSD after uploading them, just to prevent confusion so you won't try uploading the same mission files multiple times - so clearing mission files once uploaded will help you keep things more organized.

As for assigning new aircraft to existing mission - this is a feature we plan on adding shortly, but currently is still not available, so you can't assign an aircraft to a mission that was already published at the moment. In the meantime, if you would like to assign your new aircraft to several missions, please send us an email to support[at]flytrex[dot]com with the link(s) to your mission(s) that are not assigned to your aircraft and we'll gladly have those assigned to your new aircraft right away directly in the database. We can get this setup for you quickly and without a problem. :)

Now that you have your first aircraft configured it will automatically be pre-selected as your aircraft when uploading new missions, so new missions will be assigned with your aircraft automatically.

I hope this helps. :)

I was told, by more than one person, that you were the most helpful support provider they've ever run into. Now I understand what they meant.

I only have one small test mission that I ran before configuring my quad copter at your website. If there were an easy way for me to apply that mission to my Phantom, I would. If it's going to entail having you go into the database to make the change, I wouldn't want to put you through the trouble, though I do appreciate the offer.

My main concern was "will subsequent missions apply to the Phantom?" You've answered that already, so I'm good to go. Thank you very much for the in depth, and prompt, response...

-slinger

gunslinger said:
I was told, by more than one person, that you were the most helpful support provider they've ever run into. Now I understand what they meant.

I only have one small test mission that I ran before configuring my quad copter at your website. If there were an easy way for me to apply that mission to my Phantom, I would. If it's going to entail having you go into the database to make the change, I wouldn't want to put you through the trouble, though I do appreciate the offer.

My main concern was "will subsequent missions apply to the Phantom?" You've answered that already, so I'm good to go. Thank you very much for the in depth, and prompt, response...

-slinger

Hehe :) No problem. With the quadcopter setup all subsequent missions will be assigned to it by default.

We hope to add the ability to edit existing mission aircraft, so you will be able to correct the first test mission shortly as well.

Thanks for the support! :)

I just downloaded three missions. The only mission I can download a .CSV file from is my original mission. I don't get a dropdown menu on the three new ones.

-slinger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues