FlyTrex Question

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm going to put a FlyTrex Core 2 module on my P1 v1.1.1 - now that I found software to read the files without uploading them anywhere except onto my local computer that is (no internet needed)

But one thing that puzzles me is the cables.

When selecting cables for the Flytrex core 2 these are the options.....

1). Cable for Phantom 1
2). Cable for Naza M v2

Problem is......the 1.1.1 is a Phantom 1 WITH Naza M v2....so are they saying you need BOTH cables or what?

Ok, so I'm going to put a FlyTrex Core 2 module on my P1 v1.1.1 - now that I found software to read the files without uploading them anywhere except onto my local computer that is (no internet needed)

But one thing that puzzles me is the cables.

When selecting cables for the Flytrex core 2 these are the options.....

1). Cable for Phantom 1
2). Cable for Naza M v2

Problem is......the 1.1.1 is a Phantom 1 WITH Naza M v2....so are they saying you need BOTH cables or what?

Please post a link to the source document that gives you the two (2) options you list in your post.

I'm unclear what your comment:

"now that I found software to read the files without uploading them anywhere except onto my local computer that is (no internet needed)"

means...

Please post a link to the source document that gives you the two (2) options you list in your post.

Flytrex Core 2 Flight Tracker Black Box For DJI Phantom 3, Iris, Blade, Yuneec

I'm unclear what your comment:
"now that I found software to read the files without uploading them anywhere except onto my local computer that is (no internet needed)"
means...

It means I do not want to have to upload my Flytrex files to the Flytrex server in order to read the data.

I looked at this link and saw only a reference to "one" needed cable.
Where in the link are you looking that suggests more than one cable may be needed?

Ok.... I see what you were saying.

It's a drop down. You have to select one from numerous available options.
That was my point....there are 2 that match my P1...

Phantom 1

and

Naza M V2

It's a drop down. You have to select one from numerous available options.
That was my point....there are 2 that match my P1...

Phantom 1

and

Naza M V2

I agree its confusing but I think the confusion arises from how DJI (and or vendors) really failed to clearly distinguish between different versions of their P1's (i.e. P 1.0, P 1.2,.... P1.1.1).

I believe your question can be answered by being sure what flight controller you have on your P1 and then just selecting the identical drop down flight controller option. All the other quad options imply only one cable is needed, so I'd assume that has to be true for any P1 choice.

It's probably best, however, to confirm a choice by emailing the supplier to verify which drop down choice is correct in your situation.

Reactions: JKDSensei
I think you nailed it now :)
I just ordered the Core 2 and cable. All I really wanted was altitude but it was only $10 less to get an altimeter only. So what the heck.

Let us know how the core 2 works. I am waiting to get the flytrex live 3d, with the live 3d you can do autotonomous flying with waypoints using their app. The Core 2 is a great add on as well, i was going to get that one but oppted to wait to get the live 3d one.

Reactions: JKDSensei
Flytrex is installed....but.....

GPS acquires more than 6 satellites a little faster than before (SFSG)

All seems great....until I'm airborne

Never had this before but now I keep getting an occasional intermittent red blink during flight.
Battery is fully charged.

Not quite sure what this "occasional" blink of the red light is telling me?
That the GPS signal is dropping for just a second?

Here are the conclusions and answers to this thread....(thanks also to those who helped)
As far as the cable is concerned..... When I ordered, I simply ordered the cable for the Naza M V2 setup. I got the correct cable. Here is EXACTLY what it looks like
flytrex-cable-naza.jpg

As far as the red light blinking occasionally.....
I did a compass calibration and it seems to have gone away. But I'm not sure that had anything to do with it. More likely, there may have been a GPS satellite issue at my location very briefly. I went on that same day to make several more flights (about 4 more) one up to an altitude of 250 feet and the red light never blinked again. So everything appears to be working properly and at least for now. Flytrex is working exactly as expected with no issues to the Phantom.

Let us know how the core 2 works. I am waiting to get the flytrex live 3d, with the live 3d you can do autotonomous flying with waypoints using their app. The Core 2 is a great add on as well, i was going to get that one but oppted to wait to get the live 3d one.

Droid, I have a Phantom 1.1..1 witch runs the Naza M v2. I too have been getting ready to go with the FlyTrex Live 3D, although I am not sure if autonomous flying with waypoints is possible with this MC. If so please elaborate, this would be a great added plus.

I would aasume it would on their website they sale cables and the live 3d unit for phantom 1.1.1. I emailed them earlier saying what drone i had and asked if the autotonomous waypoint flying would work with the core 2 and the apps they said no i would need the live 3d version module for that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik