flytrex / P3P signal loss / odd startup

I too have had the issue since day one with live plus needing 2 powerups to start flytrex stream. First thought it was cable, nope then new adapter board,nope. In fact the new adapter board was faulty to where i'd get out 2-3 miles and the gimble would shake around and point in strange directions. To test i put on a different camera . Same issue with unstable gimble( thank goodness p3 has satalite radar for return trip!) placed old board back on and no more gimble issues. Buuutt, still have to power up 2 x's . It is completely reliable after its on though. They're going to send me another adapter board but it sounds to me like even if they send me a whole new unit we're all still going to be dealing with the same problem

Please all who have this problem about the double start up on P3, if you could let Rebecca at flytrex know, so they can work on fixing it. Just use their support email.

Please all who have this problem about the double start up on P3, if you could let Rebecca at flytrex know, so they can work on fixing it. Just use their support email.
did that already today .. via the email system .. I think you have a good idea for everyone to report it .. not clear to me yet what they can / will do about it but first things first...

That's what scares me? 2-3 miles out and there's a problem. I love the integration into the bird, but that's got up and downs!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok I did some testing today as in the past I can sometimes get the flytrex to work on the first start, seemed random.
I do my IMU calibration when it is cold outside, so my quad starts up almost instantly.
If I put my quad outside and cool it down( oustide is 39degF here) for about 10-15min, then the flytrex will start right up every time on first start of the quad, no need for second start. It seems it has something to do with the IMU warming up when it is cold and connects on the first start of the quad.
Others might want to try this and see if it works for you.

Ok I did some testing today as in the past I can sometimes get the flytrex to work on the first start, seemed random.
I do my IMU calibration when it is cold outside, so my quad starts up almost instantly.
If I put my quad outside and cool it down( oustide is 39degF here) for about 10-15min, then the flytrex will start right up every time on first start of the quad, no need for second start. It seems it has something to do with the IMU warming up when it is cold and connects on the first start of the quad.
Others might want to try this and see if it works for you.

that's pretty interesting .. I had not recalibrated the IMU and never really noticed the problem with the flytrex.

But, I did have to recalibrate about 2 weeks ago and did it at room temprature, only b/c the warmup really didn't bother me, and I would still like to know the different between a cold calibration and room temperature (esp. b/c I don't think DJI prescribes the cold calibration eventhough I've seen many recommend it here).

I may try to do a cold IMU recalibration and see what happens with the flytrex (but would still like to know the different between calibrating the IMU cold and warm and what else it may mean).

great find if this is a factor...

sad to report that my second flytrex live 3G is going back, I started getting signal loss with tablet at random times during the flight.
Seems G3 live does not want to work correctly on my P3P.
I really liked it when it worked correctly.
I will say that their customer service Rep. Rebecca is great to work with.

Seems a lot of people have problem with Flytrex and their P3 - and I've read that flytrex is not completely compatible with the P3 for whatever reason. Others have corrected me and said Flytrex is completely compatible with the P3. I don't know. Just seems like you guys are having a lot of problems that P2 owners don't seem to have. Don't know why. Battery voltage difference maybe? My flytrex has performed perfectly every single time on my P2V. Boots up perfectly every time. Never drops out. Full log. Not a single blip at all ever.

sad to report that my second flytrex live 3G is going back, I started getting signal loss with tablet at random times during the flight.
Seems G3 live does not want to work correctly on my P3P.
I really liked it when it worked correctly.
I will say that their customer service Rep. Rebecca is great to work with.
that's too bad. did you change the adapter board too? changing that fixed my problem as above. I haven't done a ton of flights with it but it's been working consistently.

Seems a lot of people have problem with Flytrex and their P3 - and I've read that flytrex is not completely compatible with the P3 for whatever reason. Others have corrected me and said Flytrex is completely compatible with the P3. I don't know. Just seems like you guys are having a lot of problems that P2 owners don't seem to have. Don't know why. Battery voltage difference maybe? My flytrex has performed perfectly every single time on my P2V. Boots up perfectly every time. Never drops out. Full log. Not a single blip at all ever.
I don't think we have a representative sample in these threads. Only way I would think to have one would be to look at total # of flytrex monitored flights and the % with problems (or of flytrex P3's and # or % with problems).

Pretty disappointing.. I've had sporadic video freezing ever since installing my Live 3G on my P3P.
I installed an Itelite DBS antenna at the same time which should give me tremendous range,
but it's completely compromised by video/signal loss and freezing. It's not the DBS2, I even uninstalled
the whole DBS2 setup thinking that I may have screwed up the antenna install but back to stock I immediately
started getting video loss and freezing with the Live 3G.
Not a happy camper, I guess I'll remove it. FWIW it works great on my F550 Naza 2 M Flamewheel, even shows
the voltages which it never does on my P3P.

Seems to me, it would likely have something to do with the position or placement of the flytrex device relative to the craft's antennas.

Seems to me, it would likely have something to do with the position or placement of the flytrex device relative to the craft's antennas.

Agreed. Or, while installing the Flytrex you (the OP) dislodged some other connector in some way. Or you have a bad Flytrex CAN bus adapter board.

My Flytrex Live 3G Plus has had no impact on my range... though it still doesn't report flight mode or battery voltage... which is super frustrating.

I've never heard of a Flytrex Live 3G Plus.

Re what it reports, are you talking about the Flytrex log? I get both those. What I don't get from Flytrex is the battery percentage or the battery temp. I do get a temp, but it's not the battery temp - it's the temp some other component in the aircraft.

Maybe it's because I have a P2V and you have a P3?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl