Flytrex loose cable

Reaction score
I finally got my Flytrex and installed it tonight. However, I am concerned about the cable. The cable that connects into the main board is kinda loose. If I jiggle the cable a little it will pop out, so worried it could happen during vibration. So I put some tape over the top going from outside of the case, over the cable and over to the controller module. Then for where the cable comes out of the drone, I put some more tape on the inside to hold it from popping up.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Also, what happens if the cable does pop out during a flight. If the GPS suddenly disconnects what would the drone do. Would it just fall over ? What it start to drift ? Does it switch it self to ATTI mode ? Does it just try to land ? Which could be really bad if it's over water :D

Hello,

Was the stock cable easy to pull out before you replaced it with the Flytrex one? If so, it points to the socket on your aircraft being the culprit, otherwise it might the Flytrex plug.

Mine went in and out easily, but it certainly isn't loose. I don't know exactly what would happen if the plug came out in flight, but given that the Vision has it's compass connected through the GPS as well then I suspect Something Bad would happen.

If your plug is loose then I personally wouldn't fly it like that. Test the original aircraft GPS plug in there again and see what's making it loose. If it's the Flytrex cable then contact the dealer/Flytrex about that (I'm sure they'll sort you out with another one). If it's the socket on the board then you'll either have to secure things somehow or talk to your Vision dealer about that.

If it is the latter then fitting the Flytrex may have done you the favour of making you aware of it before Something Bad might have happened anyway!

If it electrically connects and seems to fly ok, and your Flytrex works ok, a Hot Glue Gun might be your best friend... very inexpensive and can be found locally. It does a nice job keeping things in place and is completely removable if you need to undo anything in the future. Hope that helps.

iDrone

iDrone said:
Thanks. Mine left Flytrex Jan 19 via airmail, but then again airmail today isn't what it used to be I suppose.

iDrone

iDrone, mine was shipped on 8 Jan and I received it on the 22nd to the US. Mine was received in the US at Flushing NY and delivered to Indiana. Also, not sure you know this but you can take that tracking number you got from Flytrex and put into the USPS tracking system and turn on email alerts and you will start getting emails once it gets state side.

iDrone said:
If it electrically connects and seems to fly ok, and your Flytrex works ok, a Hot Glue Gun might be your best friend... very inexpensive and can be found locally. It does a nice job keeping things in place and is completely removable if you need to undo anything in the future. Hope that helps.

iDrone

This has to be the quickest solution to that problem and it cuts out all the hassle of arguing with the dealer. Its always the way when combining parts from different suppliers, they can sometimes blame each other. Not if you have a good dealer though and you source all your bits from them.

Pull_Up said:
Hello,

Was the stock cable easy to pull out before you replaced it with the Flytrex one? If so, it points to the socket on your aircraft being the culprit, otherwise it might the Flytrex plug.

Mine went in and out easily, but it certainly isn't loose. I don't know exactly what would happen if the plug came out in flight, but given that the Vision has it's compass connected through the GPS as well then I suspect Something Bad would happen.

If your plug is loose then I personally wouldn't fly it like that. Test the original aircraft GPS plug in there again and see what's making it loose. If it's the Flytrex cable then contact the dealer/Flytrex about that (I'm sure they'll sort you out with another one). If it's the socket on the board then you'll either have to secure things somehow or talk to your Vision dealer about that.

If it is the latter then fitting the Flytrex may have done you the favour of making you aware of it before Something Bad might have happened anyway!

The stock cable came out easy but wasn't as loose. I was kinda surprised how easy it popped off honestly. I wouldn't have expected that for such a critical cable. I am surprised it doesn't have some sort of locking clip on it.

You are very right about not flying it as is. The suggestion of using some hot glue to keep it in place might be an option if I can't work something out with Flytrex.

Welp, I guess time to disassemble it again. I need to go buy a new set of hex drivers, the one I used was a little short so I couldn't fully spin it. It took like 10 mins per screw to get it off lol.

I'll see if I can post a video of how loose they are.

Shrimpfarmer said:
iDrone said:

iDrone

This has to be the quickest solution to that problem and it cuts out all the hassle of arguing with the dealer. Its always the way when combining parts from different suppliers, they can sometimes blame each other. Not if you have a good dealer though and you source all your bits from them.

I did order this directly from Flytrex. It took forever to actually get it, I ordered it before New Year. It sat in customs for like a week and a half alone lol.

Thanks Super-D and jengo, USPS Tracking still only shows it left Flytrex on the 19th, but from you guys it sounds like I've got at least another week to wait (sigh). But I'm really looking forward to using it!

iDrone

If I had known how long it would take ordering from Israel I would've looked elsewhere. I ordered on Dec 26, got a mail apologizing for the delay on Jan 3 with a note they would upgrade the shipping so it would take only 1 week instead of 2. It shipped on Jan 8 and arrived in California on Jan 22. Very cool device though and I am happy with it. Also the Dashware software is pretty nice. Here's a test flight (video is only about 12 minutes of an 18 minute flight): http://flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-p ... ver-11233/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers