Flytrex Live - Voltage

now my flight today was perfect with not a single spike in the voltage

I heard back from Flytex support on the 12th. They said they are working on this and expect it to be fixed soon, and it is caused by false parsing of the data.

i did another mission, & again perfect. Voltage did start high (12.48v), but dropped once engines started & slowly lowered till the end

Same deal here. Very choppy voltage readings. Anyone heard back from Amit on this? Do we know that its definitely just a display issue?

bbfpv said:
Same deal here. Very choppy voltage readings. Anyone heard back from Amit on this? Do we know that its definitely just a display issue?

It all quiet.

Spoke to Amit, he said stay tuned this week, s/b fixed. But it is in fact a cosmetic issue only, your bird's voltage isn't actually spiking.

bbfpv said:
Spoke to Amit, he said stay tuned this week, s/b fixed. But it is in fact a cosmetic issue only, your bird's voltage isn't actually spiking.

Of course it is cosmetic. They are presenting the data via their user interface. I can't believe they are trying to brush it off as cosmetic :roll:

bergenfelter said:
Mine seems to be getting worse as time goes on. This one is really bad - actually obscures parts of the rest of the data. I did receive an answer from Flytrex last week - "they are working on it"

http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... -f3gZ1Z4t/

Let me chime it to say I too am having the same issue. And, just as Bergenfelter reports, the issue has been getting worse each flight I log. My bird flies perfectly and there is no interruption in video recording but it is unnerving to see the reported spikes. I have opened a call and have provided graphs ever couple of days just to ensure the case stays open. To date, the only reply I received was that it is a known issue with the parsing of the data but no update as to when it will be resolved.

milspecjsc said:
bergenfelter said:
Mine seems to be getting worse as time goes on. This one is really bad - actually obscures parts of the rest of the data. I did receive an answer from Flytrex last week - "they are working on it"

http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... -f3gZ1Z4t/

Let me chime it to say I too am having the same issue. And, just as Bergenfelter reports, the issue has been getting worse each flight I log. My bird flies perfectly and there is no interruption in video recording but it is unnerving to see the reported spikes. I have opened a call and have provided graphs ever couple of days just to ensure the case stays open. To date, the only reply I received was that it is a known issue with the parsing of the data but no update as to when it will be resolved.

Update (per Flytrex Support):

The parsing error on the display will be fixed this week. The developing team is just running behind things a bit.

Nir Hirsch

Hi guys!

Thank you all for the reports and details! I'm sorry for the slight delay getting this fixed.

We just finished applying a fix for the voltage parsing code and the voltage drops that were showing in the flight graph are now fixed. The fix was also applied to all previously uploaded missions, so if you try to review your existing missions that had this issue the voltage should look much better now and report actual voltage (usually you can expect to see a slow and gradual decline during the flight).

As an example, here is one of the reported missions that had the same voltage spikes in the graph, now showing the correct parsed voltage data:
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... -LJJOVRlt/

Let me know how things look for you with the new fix applied.

Thank you all for the great help! :)

amitregev said:
Hi guys!

Thank you all for the reports and details! I'm sorry for the slight delay getting this fixed.

We just finished applying a fix for the voltage parsing code and the voltage drops that were showing in the flight graph are now fixed. The fix was also applied to all previously uploaded missions, so if you try to review your existing missions that had this issue the voltage should look much better now and report actual voltage (usually you can expect to see a slow and gradual decline during the flight).

As an example, here is one of the reported missions that had the same voltage spikes in the graph, now showing the correct parsed voltage data:

Can you confirm that no firmware update is necessary, and the update was only necessary at your end ?
Thanks

Hughie said:
Can you confirm that no firmware update is necessary, and the update was only necessary at your end ?
Thanks

That is correct. No firmware is required and everything should be working OK now.

We had a glitch only for missions recorded using the new CAN-BUS Adapter that was parsing the voltage value in the wrong offset of the data, causing the mistaken readings. The bug and fix were both applied in the site level and should be working nicely now.

Keep me updated, thanks! :)

Confirmed the voltage spikes are no longer being displayed. Thanks Amit!

amitregev said:
Hi guys!

CONFIRMED! Thanks Amit and thanks to your team. Everything looks great!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav