FlyTrex Live Install Question

Reaction score
Hello, I didnt want to thread highjack the Flytrex Live-Review thread so I thought Id just open a new thread with my question.

Ive installed my new Flytrex Live unit and got my T-Mobile 200mb MicroSIM card setup (called and gave them new IMEI #). When turning it on I get the quick Red, quick purple, then solid Blue light (about a min) I just can't seem to get a blinking green. After a minute of the blue light being on it will start over with R,P,Blue sequence.

Any ideas as to why I can't get fully connected? Thanks

Ya I did that. I actually just called T-Mobile back and talked to a different person about my issue. A week before receiving the FlyTrex unit I went to T-Mobile and got the MicroSIM in anticipation. That may have been a mistake as I didn't at that time have the IMEI # off the device. So the lady I just talked to said I'll have to go back to the store and get a new microSIM and give them the IMEI# which they need upon INITIAL activation. Ill do that and post an update.

TAMedia said:
Ya I did that. I actually just called T-Mobile back and talked to a different person about my issue. A week before receiving the FlyTrex unit I went to T-Mobile and got the MicroSIM in anticipation. That may have been a mistake as I didn't at that time have the IMEI # off the device. So the lady I just talked to said I'll have to go back to the store and get a new microSIM and give them the IMEI# which they need upon INITIAL activation. Ill do that and post an update.

Hi TAMedia :)

Based on the LED lights you're seeing it sounds as if Flytrex is unable to connect to the internet using the SIM card. I'd assume that you first need to activate the SIM using your Flytrex Live IMEI number and only after activation is completed the Live system will be able to connect to the internet.

If you need more information how to find your Live IMEI number please take a look at FAQ #6 here: http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex-live-3g/faq/#6

Please keep us posted how things are working. :)

Ok, apparently I didnt have the card activated when I thought it was. However T-Mobile kept telling me that the 200mb plan was only for tablets and based on the IMEI # I was giving the from FlyTrex it was showing it to be considered a phone. The cheapest plan they told me was $10, 1GB for 7 days so I did that plan for now and everything works great.

I could have swore there was a $10/month plan, anyone?

I have a $10 a month prepaid plan. But it is going to go up to $20 a month starting the 1st of the year. Noway will I pay $240 a year. I'm going to see if it's possible to add it to my sprint account.

Geert said:
TAMedia said:
Hello, I didnt want to thread highjack the Flytrex Live-Review thread so I thought Id just open a new thread with my question.

Ive installed my new Flytrex Live unit and got my T-Mobile 200mb MicroSIM card setup (called and gave them new IMEI #). When turning it on I get the quick Red, quick purple, then solid Blue light (about a min) I just can't seem to get a blinking green. After a minute of the blue light being on it will start over with R,P,Blue sequence.

Any ideas as to why I can't get fully connected? Thanks

Same problem here with Vodafone Greece.
Can't get a blinking green.
I went back to the Vodafone shop already, they told me the sim card is activated. The sim card is working, we checked it with a smartphone and opened a website. They also told me no need to put an IMEI number. :?

Geert./.

Ya, I had to add $$ to the prepaid card, its great now.

Are you guys having success with the live flight channel posting to your Facebook wall? I can't seem to get it to post and I have the setting marked "on"

TAMedia said:
Are you guys having success with the live flight channel posting to your Facebook wall? I can't seem to get it to post and I have the setting marked "on"

I'm really sorry for any trouble with this! We currently have a bug with the Facebook share when taking off a new live mission. We're working on getting this fixed and we should get this fixed for the upcoming week.

We're currently investigating this more closely, but we might need some additional approval from Facebook to get this fixed. We're going to check this with FB team and make sure to get things working as quickly as possible.

I'll post updates as soon as the Facebook share for the Live Flight Channel is fixed and fully operating. :)

amitregev said:
TAMedia said:

I'm really sorry for any trouble with this! We currently have a bug with the Facebook share when taking off a new live mission. We're working on getting this fixed and we should get this fixed for the upcoming week.

We're currently investigating this more closely, but we might need some additional approval from Facebook to get this fixed. We're going to check this with FB team and make sure to get things working as quickly as possible.

I'll post updates as soon as the Facebook share for the Live Flight Channel is fixed and fully operating. :)

Thanks for working on this. Can you also check to see if it will be an available option to post to company pages vs your personal page?

Again thanks for fixing the bug and a great product!

TAMedia said:
amitregev said:
TAMedia said:

Thanks for working on this. Can you also check to see if it will be an available option to post to company pages vs your personal page?

Again thanks for fixing the bug and a great product!

Using company pages might be tricky. If I understand correctly, you'd like to link your Flytrex Live flights stream notifications to the company Facebook page rather than your personal account (correct?).

I'm pretty sure Facebook Sign-In only works with personal accounts and won't work with Facebook Pages, but we might be able to add some option to link the data stream to a Facebook feed. We will do some more reading on this and check with FB team to see if this can be done. I'll report back, but might need a bit more time for something like this.

Yes that's correct. It would be similar to how you can publish a pic on Instagram that also posts to your Facebook page. When you link your Instagram to your Facebook acct Instagram lists what FB pages you manage so you can select one of those pages if you'd like to post to.

I just know a lot of people have company pages with followers that may enjoy seeing the flights.

Thanks for your hard work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj