Flytrex Live 3G w/ CAN-BUS

Reaction score
I am considering outfitting my P2V+ with a Flytrex Live 3G (CAN-BUS) for advanced flight logging and recovery. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience (good/bad/uses) with Flytrex (Core2, Live or Live 3G)? I'm also looking into GSM carriers. Any help is appreciated.

milspecjsc said:
I am considering outfitting my P2V+ with a Flytrex Live 3G (CAN-BUS) for advanced flight logging and recovery. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience (good/bad/uses) with Flytrex (Core2, Live or Live 3G)? I'm also looking into GSM carriers. Any help is appreciated.

I have had all of them, even the 1st one which you did not list. I'm going to open up a little on this subject. I want to 1st say they all are nice devices. However, there is some issues. I now only focus on the Live 3G as it is what I currently use. In my opinion the Live 3G is over priced by some $80 US. You're looking at a minimum of $230 to buy it and everything else it takes to get it working. If it wasn't the fact that there is now apps that include flight loggers and find me features, ect. that cost under $10 then this current $230 start up investment may then be understanding. But it's not. A $150 is more realistic. Also the $9 harness is not worth $1. It alone is the complete devices weakest link in it's chain.

Customer Support, when you do receive support from them, it is the best on the planet bar none. But that's the problem, you don't get support as we are use to. This company disparately needs to add some more employees. You will need to depend on these forums for most of your support.
So now you should not have any high expectations of Flytrex, go buy a Live 3G if you are in the US. Otherwise if you are not in the US, you should have no problem finding a good 2G out here. I actually have a 2G with 10 flights on it I need to get rid of. The GPS tracking part is a must have anyhow.

milspecjsc said:

Hi Milspecjsc :)

Take a look here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28149

Let me know if you have any questions I can help with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4