Flytrex indicated the Live 3G will not work with the Phantom 3

Reaction score
This morning I received and email today from Flytrex indicating my current Live 3G will not work with the Phantom 3 and the new P3 adapter. And I must order the "New" Live 3G plus. This is the email I received

"We are beginning shipments for the Phantom 3 system and we received your order for the P3 adapter, however I wanted to make sure you were aware that in order to use the P3 adapter, you will need the Live 3G plus which supports the newer and faster systems (Phantom 3, Inspire 1, Solo, etc.). We have redesigned the Live 3G both on the inside and out. It has built-in CAN-BUS processing so you no longer need to install the extra CAN-BUS Adapter, 10 times processing power for far improved performance and new data logging capabilities, we removed the red and black power wires in favor of a new single input port for both data and power, and 100% plug-n-play installation."

Is this correct??

The current Live 3G will not work on the DJI Phantom 3, Inspire 1 and Solo????

Yes, unfortunately it is correct. Once I found this out I decided to move away from flytrex and opted for lower priced alternatives that still meet the need for tracking and don't rely on the P3 battery (rf-16, traccimo). I still have the live3G on my FC40. I also simply added a P3P to my flytrex profile. Now I can upload my flight data from the P3 into flytrex and see it just as if I had a flytrex! You simply need to get the flight data converted using one of many tool available.

There are many out there. I just use djilogs.com
It was one of the early ones advertised on this forum

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic