Flytrex - "Diver" badge

Reaction score
I downgraded my firmware yesterday from 3.04 back to 1.08. I did a test flight and was checking my Flytrex data afterward and it said I unlocked the "Diver 50" badge which says I descended 50ft below my starting point. Which I totally did not. If I did, Id've been underground. I can't think of anything that may have caused this except that the elevation info on google maps is wrong.

Here's a link to the Flytrex data:

http://www.flytrex.com/mission/marc-m-47488/

The flight went pretty well but this has me worried that my bird may not know where it is when it's in gps mode. It was very windy yesterday and I flew after a pretty crazy rain/hail storm. When I look at the flight pattern, it looks pretty accurate. You can see how long I was messing around very close to takeoff for the first 1/4 of the flight. If you slide along the bottom, you can see the elevation I started from and where it "thinks" I descended over 50ft. The distance from takeoff is like 2 ft away.

Anyone have any ideas of what happened here?

You have joined an exclusive Diver Club, of which I am also a member. Google Earth is to blame in my case -- it has been determined that Google Earth has serious mapping errors in the area where I live. Do your FlyTrex flight paths seem accurate, other than altitude?

GearLoose said:
You have joined an exclusive Diver Club, of which I am also a member. Google Earth is to blame in my case -- it has been determined that Google Earth has serious mapping errors in the area where I live. Do your FlyTrex flight paths seem accurate, other than altitude?

haha. I'm honored to be a member. Glad I'm not the only one. Thought I might've done something when I reverted back to an old firmware.

Yup. The flight path seems pretty spot on.

Flytrex - "Diver" badge

Make sure the tiny barometer hole isn't blocked or your altitude data will be erroneous.

I had data saying I lifted off at 200ft AGL until I realized I'd accidentally blocked free site flow to the barometer hole.

Hope that helps

Re: Flytrex -

damoncooper said:
Make sure the tiny barometer hole isn't blocked or your altitude data will be erroneous.

I had data saying I lifted off at 200ft AGL until I realized I'd accidentally blocked free site flow to the barometer hole.

Hope that helps

where is this barometer hole? (sounds sexy)
looking around now . . .

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404611625.501018.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404611625.501018.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 469
Thanks.
I have the older one, but I'll look out for it. It's clear of all objects as far as I know and hasn't changed locations since I installed it.

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday at a park near my brother's house. I noticed that it continued to happen between battery changes, so it's likely Google's data that is corrupted right there. I've not had it happen anyplace else I use it.

Since the elevation is based on the barometer, is it possible there was a weather front, most likely a low pressure front, moving in to your area? That would be my guess.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4