Flytrex Data Dates

Reaction score
Does anyone else who uses Flytrex wonder why the FPV files never have the current date the file was created on them ??? It can be quite confusing to sort them out if you have been flying with a few batteries and create lots of FPV files in different locations and need to sort them out for uploading to Flytrex website ??

I have emailed them to ask if there is a way to record the actual date the file is created.

:|

Yeah it drives me nuts. They have the current date and time as it gets logged in the Flytrx data file. Would have been better to use that for the the filename.

Yeah its a strange omission and a real pain when you have lots of files to wade through !

Will post their response.

;)

P2V+ Flytrex KML 3D flight trax with Google Earth on Android

Just sorta stumbled upon this yesterday morning... I mean I knew it was all there but I didn't know it worked on Android... went to my flytrex profile online... exported the missions in KML format to my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4.... Open the file with Root Explorer and it uses Google Earth to display the info... really cool for telling flight stories to the guys at work :ugeek:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXN_Hbj4-5Y[/youtube]

My guess is the sequence of event..

when Flytrex is powered, first thing it does is create a file and not read the GPS data. So at the time of file creation, there's no time stamp. Then once the file is created, the system starts to capture GPS data and save it to file.

I would guess the GPS data is a data stream. So the easiest implementation would :

- Create a file
- Get the file handle
- Open GPS data stream
- Write data stream into file handle

No GPS data interpretation is needed. Just stream all the data point raw into the file.

To get date / time stamp, I think this is what you would have to do:

- Open GPS data stream
- Read some GPS data and get the date time stamp
- Close GPS data stream
- Set the system date time using GPS date time data
- Create a file
- Open GPS data stream
- Write data stream into file handle

Much more complex operation. And not always guarantee. If FlyTrex cable was plug in all the time, the initialization routine would have kicked off as soon as the battery is power on and before any satellite lock. You wouldn't have any good data anyway.

Just my guess.

Yes Geert its a standard timeline - I got a very prompt response from them agreeing it would be helpful so they going to come out with an update to do this in the next few weeks.

Hurrah for Flytrex & thanks for listening Rebecca & Flytrex !!

:D

I do know there is some minor hiccup in how the Naza relays gps time data. Not important for the FC, but understandably an issue for a logger. Whether flytrex can code around it depends on what the hiccup is. If the Naza just isn't relaying time, the flytrex may need a separate battery.

Full explanation from Flytrex :

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your email, I'm sorry for your frustration. Currently all files stored on the microSD with your Flytrex are stored without a date, which results as January 1st, 2000. Instead, Flytrex uses auto-increased index for the file names so each flight mission you perform gets a new file name with new index. This makes it easier to identify newer file missions. Although the files on the microSD do not include the date, once you upload mission files to the Flytrex service the date is then properly displayed along with your mission - so the date information is not lost, but just not included on the microSD files.

To help keep things better organized, we suggest deleting (or moving) mission files from the microSD after uploading them to Flytrex. This way the Flytrex Core will create new set of files the next time you go flying, making it much easier to identify your mission files.

At the same time, we are working on a new update that will add time-stamp with mission files on the Flytrex Core itself and we hope to introduce the update in the coming weeks.

I invite you to join our Facebook page (if you are not already!) where we post updates and new releases: https://www.facebook.com/flytrex Updates coming soon!

Let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions, we greatly appreciate hearing from users with features that would make the experience better. Have a nice day.

Rebecca Hecht,

ElGuano said:
I do know there is some minor hiccup in how the Naza relays gps time data. Not important for the FC, but understandably an issue for a logger. Whether flytrex can code around it depends on what the hiccup is. If the Naza just isn't relaying time, the flytrex may need a separate battery.

I know this is a bit of a dated topic, but I was wondering why when I export my Flytrex mission to CSV, that the date and time fields are wrong under a certain condition (being when your UTC time/date is the day ahead from your local time due to the time differential). Is this the date glitch that's being alluded to?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub