Flytrex app won't open on iPhone? What's another app to use?

Reaction score
Has anyone used this app? It won't get past the start up page. It has a loading circle that won't stop spinning.

Are there any other apps on the iPhone that some of you have tried?

Thanks

Re: Flytrex app won't open on iPhone? What's another app to

Gonefishing51077 said:
Has anyone used this app? It won't get past the start up page. It has a loading circle that won't stop spinning.

Are there any other apps on the iPhone that some of you have tried?

Thanks

Hi Gonefishing51077 :)

Thank you for the report on this! I'm actually part of the team at Flytrex and I'd love to investigate this some more with your help.

We're actually nearly done with a new version that we hope to submit to the App Store later on today or tomorrow, so I'm hoping that with your feedback we can get this issue fixed even today/tomorrow and have the fix included with this upcoming update.

First question I'd like to ask --

1. What iOS device are you using?
2. What is the iOS version on the device?
3. Can you tell me what Facebook account are you using when trying to sign-in? (If you can give me the link to the Facebook Profile page this will be great).

If you prefer not to sure all of the details here on the forums, feel free to email me directly at amit[at]flytrex[dot]com.

Also, please email me your UDID, this way I can create special beta builds that you can install even outside the App Store and we can easily see if we got this fixed.

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

it's a pity that the app just support the flytrex live :(
would love to be able to access my missions from one app instead of the website that don't render correctly on iphone 6 :roll:

Ok. Dumb question. What is a udid??

I will email you all the info.

I have not purchased any other software. Do I need to have anything else or will this app work as is on iPhone 5 with version 8.1.1?

urgno said:
would love to be able to access my missions from one app instead of the website that don't render correctly on iphone 6 :roll:

Hi Urgno :)

Indeed the current first version of the app is mainly targeted for those using the Live, or the new Live 3G (which frankly works pretty amazing with the app!). We do plan to introduce new features for those flying with the Core as part of our upcoming updates development.

We're constantly working on new updates and hoping to finish the next update already during this weekend. :)

Gonefishing51077 said:

I have not purchased any other software. Do I need to have anything else or will this app work as is on iPhone 5 with version 8.1.1?

Please see here for details how to find your device UDID:
http://whatsmyudid.com/

On the technical level, using your device UDID we can build new versions that you can install right away to your phone, without having to go through the App Store. Since submitting new versions to the app store can take several days each time, using UDID installation (aka Ad-Hoc) we can send new several new builds for testing daily.

Thanks for your help and feedback! We're doing some more tests now and I hope to email you back with a new beta build for testing in a few hours from now. :)

amitregev said:
urgno said:

Indeed the current first version of the app is mainly targeted for those using the Live, or the new Live 3G (which frankly works pretty amazing with the app!). We do plan to introduce new features for those flying with the Core as part of our upcoming updates development.

We're constantly working on new updates and hoping to finish the next update already during this weekend. :)
wonderful ! count me in if you need a beta tester for Core ;)

Email sent. I'm not sure if the FB link is working. Please email back if it does not.

amitregev said:
Gonefishing51077 said:

On the technical level, using your device UDID we can build new versions that you can install right away to your phone, without having to go through the App Store. Since submitting new versions to the app store can take several days each time, using UDID installation (aka Ad-Hoc) we can send new several new builds for testing daily.

Thanks for your help and feedback! We're doing some more tests now and I hope to email you back with a new beta build for testing in a few hours from now. :)

Do you guys plan to make a android app? I'm waiting on my flytrex live 3g to ship

urgno said:
amitregev said:
urgno said:

wonderful ! count me in if you need a beta tester for Core ;)

Thanks urgno! Will do! :) I hope to have more updates coming soon..

Gonefishing51077 said:
Email sent. I'm not sure if the FB link is working. Please email back if it does not.

Thanks Gonefishing51077 for the email and all the details! :)

I just sent you back a reply with a new build that includes some special log prints. Since the email includes a ~5mb attachment I hope it will arrive without any problem -- please let me know here in case you didn't receive my response and I'll try uploading the new version to our servers so you can download it instead of email attachment.

Hopefully using the Log data I will get from you we'll be able to get this fixed quickly.

brorex said:
amitregev said:
Gonefishing51077 said:

Do you guys plan to make a android app? I'm waiting on my flytrex live 3g to ship

Hi brorex :)

Android app is currently in development - we should have news about this coming in the next 3-4 weeks.

Regarding the Live 3G shipments, our team is currently busy with packaging and shipments will start going out this upcoming Monday. I've just checked the status of your shipment and it will get out between Tuesday to Wednesday this week, most chances already on Tuesday. I really hope you'll love the new Live 3G! :)

amitregev said:
urgno said:

thats good :)
maybe in the meantime please fix the website to render correctly on iphone :roll:

amitregev said:
brorex said:
amitregev said:
Gonefishing51077 said:

Hi brorex :)

Android app is currently in development - we should have news about this coming in the next 3-4 weeks.

Regarding the Live 3G shipments, our team is currently busy with packaging and shipments will start going out this upcoming Monday. I've just checked the status of your shipment and it will get out between Tuesday to Wednesday this week, most chances already on Tuesday. I really hope you'll love the new Live 3G! :)

It shipped today. Now I can out the core 2 on the phantom 2 w/ zenmuse and put the live on the + thanks a lot

urgno said:
amitregev said:
urgno said:

thats good :)
maybe in the meantime please fix the website to render correctly on iphone :roll:

Its the same way on android a mobile website would be pretty awesome but if we have apps oh well I'd suppose

brorex said:
Its the same way on android a mobile website would be pretty awesome but if we have apps oh well I'd suppose

I really hope we'll soon announce some new site updates for much improved mobile compatibility. Our current site isn't playing well on mobile devices I'm afraid, but this is definitely something we're working to improve. :)

This will of course offer some solution, even if not perfect, that will work nicely for all mobile platforms.

brorex said:
It shipped today. Now I can out the core 2 on the phantom 2 w/ zenmuse and put the live on the + thanks a lot

Awesome!! :) Our team is now working around the clock to get all Live 3G pre-orders shipped as quickly as possible. We should be done by mid upcoming week.

BTW, if someone here is experiencing the freeze issue on sign-in with our Flytrex iOS app I'd love to hear from you -- I'm trying to find someone that might be able to help us debug this issue. This will most likely take about 20 minutes or so -- We still haven't been able to find someone that can provide us with log data from this bug that is needed to get it fixed... Thanks! :)

amitregev said:
brorex said:

Awesome!! :) Our team is now working around the clock to get all Live 3G pre-orders shipped as quickly as possible. We should be done by mid upcoming week.

BTW, if someone here is experiencing the freeze issue on sign-in with our Flytrex iOS app I'd love to hear from you -- I'm trying to find someone that might be able to help us debug this issue. This will most likely take about 20 minutes or so -- We still haven't been able to find someone that can provide us with log data from this bug that is needed to get it fixed... Thanks! :)

I will try on my wife's iPad later and see if it works or not.

Not sure if this question was/has been asked already, but here goes anyway;

What about its use with my "Moverio BT-200 Glasses" ??

Thanks,
Moose

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4