Flytrex and Dashware

Reaction score
I have been trying to synchronize my video with my Flytrex data (using the trial version of Dashware) and am not having much luck.

I synchronize the takeoff and the landing matches up, but the stuff in between don't seem to be synchronized.

Also, the altitude and speed just aren't right. In my 2 flights with Flytrex so far, I had a top speed of 38 MPH, but the Dashware doesn't show any speed over 9 or 10 MPH.

With one flight, the drap pointer one the right side of the screen is stuck at the end while trying to synchronize.

If it doesn't work any better than this, I am glad I found out with the trial version, before I spent any money on it.

darwin-t said:
I have been trying to synchronize my video with my Flytrex data (using the trial version of Dashware) and am not having much luck.

I synchronize the takeoff and the landing matches up, but the stuff in between don't seem to be synchronized.

Also, the altitude and speed just aren't right. In my 2 flights with Flytrex so far, I had a top speed of 38 MPH, but the Dashware doesn't show any speed over 9 or 10 MPH.

With one flight, the drap pointer one the right side of the screen is stuck at the end while trying to synchronize.

If it doesn't work any better than this, I am glad I found out with the trial version, before I spent any money on it.

I'm not sure what's up with your implementation, but I've been using FlyTrex and DashWare for months with great success. You're exporting the FlyTrex data and importing it into DashWare and even the highest speed of the mission isn't showing up anywhere? Strange.

You're using FlyTrex specific gauges in DashWare?
The FlyTrex mission itself is showing the 38MPH speed?

-slinger

Not trying to hijack this thread but I've been thinking about getting the Flytrex v2. Easy to install? They say 30 seconds. Some of the videos look easy. Haven't taken the shell off my P2V yet but I am an old RC flyer so that shouldn't be an issue.

You guys like it? Is it fairly accurate?

Thanks for your feedback.

BigTulsa said:
Not trying to hijack this thread but I've been thinking about getting the Flytrex v2. Easy to install? They say 30 seconds. Some of the videos look easy. Haven't taken the shell off my P2V yet but I am an old RC flyer so that shouldn't be an issue.

It's pretty simple. Unplug a connector that plugs into the quad's GPS module, plug in the Flytrex connector, then plug the original connector into the Flytrex's other connector. Run the wires out of the hull (cutting a small notch in the shell to allow them to pass through) and use double sided tape to attach it to the outside of the hull.

darwin-t said:
BigTulsa said:

It's pretty simple. Unplug a connector that plugs into the quad's GPS module, plug in the Flytrex connector, then plug the original connector into the Flytrex's other connector. Run the wires out of the hull (cutting a small notch in the shell to allow them to pass through) and use double sided tape to attach it to the outside of the hull.
I thought I had seen on videos where the v2 allowed you to pass the cable through the hole in the landing skid, thus avoiding cutting holes in the shell.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Okay, I looked at it again and the maximum speed IS right - 28 MPH, not 38.

I'm getting closer to synchronizing it. I guess a night's sleep is making a world of difference.

BigTulsa said:
darwin-t said:
BigTulsa said:

I don't know about the Phantom 2. I have an FC40 and that connector is too big to go through the holes I see.

After starting over, I finally got it right! The only issue I have now is that I made a custom gauge and seem to lose it when I start a new project. I saved a project as a template, but can't find how to load a template.

It may be a trial version thing. I'll buy it next week when I get some money.

Thanks for the replies.

Anyone have any tips for making the sync process easier? Syncing GoPro video with FPV (if doing that) is easy, just a sharp hand-clap in front of the camera. But the data is much tougher.
I have tested a couple of things, namely start/stops at the beginning - a sharp direction change or two. The thing that's worked the best for me, though, is to fly over a landmark (bench, etc) twice, once near the beginning and then once near the end at a 90 degree angle to the first time. (making a big "plus" sign on the path) You can see it visually in the video, and should be able to see the path lines cross in the data visualization.
Other than that there's just trial and error. I'd love to hear everyone else's ideas!

BigTulsa said:
darwin-t said:
BigTulsa said:

I thought I had seen on videos where the v2 allowed you to pass the cable through the hole in the landing skid, thus avoiding cutting holes in the shell.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It does m8, the connector runs through the hole and down the leg its easy peasy !!!

;)

Elfman12 said:
Anyone have any tips for making the sync process easier? Syncing GoPro video with FPV (if doing that) is easy, just a sharp hand-clap in front of the camera. But the data is much tougher.

I synchronize with takeoff - it's easy to see when the quad takes off and when the altitude jumps in the data slider.Then when it lands, it gives me another chance to synchronize.

I thought it might be easier to not edit the video first and use the sound of the start up when I plug in the battery (on GoPro video) with the beginning of the data file.

I've decided to fly in a square right after I take off, too, to see if that helps.

BigTulsa said:
[

Sweet...ordered one last night.

The plug from the original wiring into the female connector only fits one way - if you put it in backwards, it will appear to fit, but doesn't plug all of the way in.

I was wondering why you couldnt just sync the video with the track data right from the off ! - it seems the logical place to start sync

pyrophantom said:
I was wondering why you couldnt just sync the video with the track data right from the off ! - it seems the logical place to start sync
Well, I think that the Flytrex starts recording the moment you power up the Phantom (I could be wrong, but that's they way I understand it). Your GoPro doesn't start recording at that same time, you have to manually start it. Thus there's a difference.

I found this video which I thought helpful, but I'm still on the fence about buying. I think you're better off making a HUD in After Effects, but lacking that this would be pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoicZxUb10U

CarlJ said:
I found this video which I thought helpful, but I'm still on the fence about buying. I think you're better off making a HUD in After Effects, but lacking that this would be pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoicZxUb10U

yes thats been out a while - i have flytrex and dashware and love what you can do with your footage.

;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik