Flytrex 3G

Reaction score
I was looking into this product thinking that it could replace my tracker.
what I want to know is does this product have a backup battery, I mean it I understand it runs off the power of the Phantom.
So if you crashed The battery came out or battery died you could still track it...

No, it doesn't have a back-up battery so if you lose power from the main battery it stops working, but you can find where it was last seen through your web page, in other words where it was when it lost power.

So if somebody found it started walking with it. Your screwed lol.
Anyways Does the core 2 require soldering or connecting to power?

The core 2 requires connecting to power so would require some soldering.

Jetlagged787 said:
Electric Warrior said:
The core 2 requires connecting to power so would require some soldering.

I'm not sure that is right. Mine just plugged in. Check out the installation instructions here:

http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex-core-2/manual/

Ooops, my bad, knew it needed powering but as I don't have the core 2 didn't know it just plugged in. I have Live 3G with can bus connection. ;)

Turbazz said:

Yeah, I use Flytrex Live 3G and a tracker.
But if they turn the tracker off you're screwed anyway.

Hughie said:
Turbazz said:

Yeah, I use Flytrex Live 3G and a tracker.
But if they turn the tracker off you're screwed anyway.

And if the finder turns it back on, they're nailed...

I eas looking at flytrex 3G also but can't find answers to my questions.

I like the idea to use canbus to connect the flytrex but can't confirm if this is the only connection needed to the P2 non vision. Do I still have to connect the GPS to the flytrex or it is going to get GPS data from the canbus?

Secon question is if the flytrex canbus adapter uses the same connector as the one used in P2 so I can plug mi iOSD mini in it?

If someone knows the answers will help me to pull the triger ;)

Thanks

stan said:

I like the idea to use canbus to connect the flytrex but can't confirm if this is the only connection needed to the P2 non vision. Do I still have to connect the GPS to the flytrex or it is going to get GPS data from the canbus?

Secon question is if the flytrex canbus adapter uses the same connector as the one used in P2 so I can plug mi iOSD mini in it?

Thanks
You can (see what I did there) plug the Flytrex CAN bus adapter plug into the IOSD CAN bus socket. It is just a normal daisy chained bus. You then connect the Flytrex unit using a cable which connects to a dedicated socket on the side of the CAN bus connector to the Flytrex. No GPS connection is needed.

There are two parts to order, the Flytrex Live 3G, and the (new) plug and play CAN bus adapter.

Rf v16 tracker is not straightforward to turn off, if I never seen one I would not know how to turn it off straight away.

Anyway does the core 2 require power???

Also can you get its data on the fpv? Get rid of iosd. How do people get the video footage with the map ?

stan said:

Thanks
The P2 NV is what I have, and the Flytrex comes with an adapter cable to tap the GPS data at the connector on the Master Controller board. You just have to solder the power leads to the board where the battery wires solder to the MC.

SteveMann said:
stan said:

Thanks
The P2 NV is what I have, and the Flytrex comes with an adapter cable to tap the GPS data at the connector on the Master Controller board. You just have to solder the power leads to the board where the battery wires solder to the MC.

Steve as I said below, the latest flytrex live requires no soldering and does not plug into the GPS. It just plugs into the CANbus. If you already have an iosdmini fitted, the CANbus socket on that is the place to plug into.

Turbazz said:
Anyway does the core 2 require power???
I have the core 2. No, it does not require a separate power connection or soldering. It gets its power from the one cable you use to attach it to the GPS.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj