Flysight - Black Pearl and Video Transmitter

Buk

Reaction score
I've seen and read the discussions of compatibility of Black Pearl monitor(s) and Immersion RC video transmitters, but I haven't seen a discussion of the Flysight 400mW video transmitter and the Black Pearl Monitor(s).

For absolute compatibility, wouldn't the same manufacturer provided the best compatibility? Is there a problem with the Flysight 400mW video transmitter? From what I've read there is a minor difference in wiring between Immersion and Flysight, is that the concern?

From my limited experience with the Immersion and the Black Pearl, position of the antenna on the video transmitter on the Phantom is the determining factor for quality video transmission and reception. The gimbal will block signal, if the video Tx and Rx are not in a clear line of sight of each other.

So back to my original concern, what's up with the Flysight video transmitter(s) that it doesn't seem to be the de facto standard product to use with the Black Pearl?

Thanks,

Very interested in this thread. I am trying to set up Black Pearl 32 with Immersion now and can't get it working like I think it should. Video is fuzzy/snowy at 5 feet and at 66 meters out at 45 meters altitude the picture is broken to the point of not being useful. It is looking like I need a different transmitter or RX. Seems TX would be the less expensive option so I would love to hear which works best and what kind of range people are getting.
CostaC

Costac said:
Very interested in this thread. I am trying to set up Black Pearl 32 with Immersion now and can't get it working like I think it should. Video is fuzzy/snowy at 5 feet and at 66 meters out at 45 meters altitude the picture is broken to the point of not being useful. It is looking like I need a different transmitter or RX. Seems TX would be the less expensive option so I would love to hear which works best and what kind of range people are getting.
CostaC

Do you have an SMA antenna on the Immersion Tx and RP-SMA antenna on the black pearl?

@Buk: I think it's just due to marketing, many people already had Immersion or Boscam Tx's when the Black Pearl was released so that's why it took off so well in comparison to the FlySight Tx's.

OI Photography,
I am so glad you asked that question. I took a look to confirm my answer and noticed that I had a female adaptor going into the Immersion TX before the antenna - so I was running female to female (sounds kinky but doesn't work - he he he). I took that off and it is improved significantly but still only got to 100 meters before the screen went super fuzzy and the screen at 10 meters is still not clear. (100 meters sure does beat 66) I still think something is up. I used the stock antennas and am getting better signal than with the blue beam ultras I bought. Weird, everything I read says antennas are key and Blue Beams are a great upgrade.

Here is what I am set up with now - SMA adapter to BBU antenna on the BP and SMA BBU on the Immersion
Immersion TX set to channel 7 = on / off / off - BP set to Div / F / channel 7 - Go Pro and BP are set to NTSC /

Any help is greatly appreciated and again, thanks for asking that basic question.
CostaC

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20