flying without distance limits on fc40

Reaction score
hi folks I have my fc40 setup with limits 121m height and 450m distance
I have been thinking of removing the distance limit off my bird as the p3's
are flying up to 2 miles distance and no one seems to bothered about limits
I would not remove the height limit because of aircraft. but I seem to get my bird out
farther flying by line of sight than using the fc40 wifi cam the fc40 cam is handy
for timing but if I set my phone on a timer at my feet it does the job just as well
any thought on this lads?? what is the max distance you can get out of 6 minutes???
I am using fc40 with 9450 props walkera G2D white plastic gimbal and gopro hero 4 black

Reactions: René Wilhelm
If you fly away in GPS at 36mph for 2min, then let the RTH bring it back at 9-12mph, it will take 6-8min to auto return.
8-10min flight times are expected this way, with a distance of over 6300ft out achieved.

hi folks I have my fc40 setup with limits 121m height and 450m distance
I have been thinking of removing the distance limit off my bird as the p3's
are flying up to 2 miles distance and no one seems to bothered about limits
I would not remove the height limit because of aircraft. but I seem to get my bird out
farther flying by line of sight than using the fc40 wifi cam the fc40 cam is handy
for timing but if I set my phone on a timer at my feet it does the job just as well
any thought on this lads?? what is the max distance you can get out of 6 minutes???
I am using fc40 with 9450 props walkera G2D white plastic gimbal and gopro hero 4 black

Are you using a standard battery?(2200MAH) After adding the gimbal, camera, and telemetry I was getting just shy of 7 minutes total flight time. The most I was doing then is 3 minutes out and have enough to get back safely. I would recommend the battery mod if you want to go out further. The 4000 multistars require little modification to extend flight time.:)

The 4000 multistar would be a great addition to my fc40 but I just can't bring myself to start hacking away at the door opening.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The 4000 multistar would be a great addition to my fc40 but I just can't bring myself to start hacking away at the door opening.

I wouldn't call it hacking. It's just a little shaving of material around the battery door. One of the best mods I did to my FC. I still average 11 to 13 min. With a Walkera G2 and cam.

Thought it might get more flying time with that battery. I'm getting 13 mins now with the stock phantom battery

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Anyone able to show me a pic or vid of their mod for this battery??? Would like to see how it looks by you guys. Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4