Flying with two Phantoms at once

Reaction score
This morning i decided to go out and fly my Phantom, but couldn't decide which one because they were both begging for airtime. So, i took them both simultaneously in the air and since my Standard doesn't have a gimbal/camera (but it does have telemetry), it was only logical to use my Advanced to shoot the former.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I used my smartphone to keep an eye (ear) on the telemetry of the Standard and used my FPV goggles, connected to the HDMI board on the Advanced-remote to see its telemetry. When i got home, only the flight information from the Standard was available in the app, so i thought when connected to the Advanced it would sync up on its flight data, but it doesn't.

Long story short, is there any way to get the flight information from the P3A synced up to the DJI-GO app?

Reactions: Reed L
I would bet you could use tracking in Litchi. Then only have to concentrate on flying the tracked drone.

Reactions: Phantomic
I would bet you could use tracking in Litchi. Then only have to concentrate on flying the tracked drone.
Thats a good idea. Would Litchi also follow the tracked drone, while circling it, when it moves forward?

Theoretically it would only follow (not circle) once locked on to its image. I would think there would be an optimal distance between the two.

Theoretically it would only follow (not circle) once locked on to its image. I would think there would be an optimal distance between the two.
But Litchi is able to circle around an object? I wonder if that is location based, or image based, and if image based, what happens when the object starts moving. I prefer circling around an object because it gives more 'action' in the shot.

Beside all this, i already had some problems with receiving the telemetry from the Standard whenever the Advanced came too close. It is all on 2.4gHz as you know, except the Standard control signal.

Last edited:
I don't think you can operate in two modes at the same time, ei Tracking and Orbit.

I don't think you can operate in two modes at the same time, ei Tracking and Orbit.
Searched for it, and apparently it can. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Awesome ! Also looks like you don't have to worry about the distance as well.

Awesome ! Also looks like you don't have to worry about the distance as well.
Hopefully the Android version of Litchi is the same in that respect to the iOS version that was used in the demonstration video two posts up.
I'm still wondering how to sync the flightdata from the bird to the DJI-GO app post flight. Anyone knows if that is even possible?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic