Flying with just 3 props/motors?

It is very possible for a quad to land safely with 3 props. I watched a video where some german dudes wrote an algorithm that makes a quad with 3 blades very manageable to land. Saw it on Ted too, they say it could be added to any quad software. Would dji include it in Naza software? Why would they, a smashed up quad means another sale. But it is very possible. I'll look for the 2 video links ive seen.

Yea, but someone else buying a quad from a different company that does have the software means DJI loses a sale. So it would be in their best interest to compete effectively in this area, and they might want to get out ahead of the issue so they don't lose a ton of sales due to the lag time.

Buy a little parachute pack to mount to the top and put it on an "Oh $#it" button on your receiver. If it goes out of control, kill the motors and deploy the chute. :)

Apparently the P4 can. I just brought mine in and landed and after I took my FPV goggles off I noticed only three props. Was shocked but she landed safely.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Apparently the P4 can. I just brought mine in and landed and after I took my FPV goggles off I noticed only three props. Was shocked but she landed safely.

No way.
No DJI quad can do that.

Well, I looked for at least an hour for the carbon fiber prop. It was nowhere to be found. And it didn't shatter, so it had to have popped off during flight.

Can't be sure if folks are lying, being facetious, or just misspoken but no [stock] DJI quad can fly with the loss of one or more props, motors, or ESCs.

Well if that's the case then I guess it popped off when it landed and I simply couldn't find it. No reason for me to come on here with lies..

Well if that's the case then I guess it popped off when it landed and I simply couldn't find it. No reason for me to come on here with lies..

Sure thing I want to be clear I WAS NOT intending to call you a liar.

Experimental quads that can be somewhat controlled to land with the loss of a prop/motor/etc do so by spinning like a top to achieve some stability but control is limited and is not something the Phantom can [currently] do for a number of reasons.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj