Flying with British Airways

Reaction score
Anyone took their phantom on British Airways Im flying with them next week and wondered if you can take your bird on as hand luggage with 3 Batteries?

It would appear the answer is "Yes". Each battery is less than 160 Wh (57.72 to be exact). So you can take 1 in the bird and 4 spares with you on the plane. Or one in the bird in the hold, and 4 spares on the plane. That appears to be the only restriction.

Why don't you call them?

MrC said:
All batteries on carry-on. NONE in the hold.
I think this is what I think saw when I flew to go on a cruise (USA flight), I'm guessing so they can throw it in the toilet if it starts burning up.

I think this is what I think saw when I flew to go on a cruise (USA flight), I'm guessing so they can throw it in the toilet if it starts burning up.
Carry on luggage is much more 'scrutinized' than checked luggage, so they're more likely to find potential hazards such as a bad battery...
There are less temperature and pressure variations in the cabin as opposed to the hold... there are different areas of the hold that have
temperatures maintained. The Luggage area is usually kept at 40-45*F. It's not monitored, AND there's no toilet in the hold in case of an emergency. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20