Flying while listening to music via headphones

Reaction score
Has anyone flown their drone and listen to music via headphones with through another phone or music source (ipod, etc), NOT the phone that your using for the drone. Im just wondering if it would cause and type of interference issues b/c the headphones are blueetooth.

Any digital signal processing equipment for that matter would produce noise in different frequency bands but if the equipment is for example FCC compliant then it's noise is primarily shielded by its enclosures. In other words if your Bluetooth gadget is not a quality product, it could technically affect your RC/ tablet.

I never had this kind of experience. I keep my tablet always in airplane mode and use short cables to avoid such problems.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: snowghost
I just about always have headphones on when I fly. I listen to music.

At home I have a small FM transmitter that covers most of my property. (2 acres, or .8 Hectare). I feed my SiriusXM radio into the transmitter and pick up the signal with a Sony Walkman radio. I plug the headphones into the Walkman.

I sometimes stream internet content to the earphones using my iPhone. This doesn't have any affect on the Phantom controller signal.

Note that I make it a point to never have WiFi on when I fly either in my iPad or iPhone. This seems to increase my range and avoids the odd signal glitch.

Bluetooth operates between 2.4 to 2.4835 ghz with the Phantom using 2.4 to 2.438 ghz. There is a potential for interference.

You shouldnt do it, you must be aware of things around you while flying, people shouting, vehicles, aircraft etc
I know it looks cool but every time you fly safe its one more tick in the good box

Reactions: snowghost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers