Flying Under Ground

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how I'm flying underground in this flight? Note the arrow on the satellite view shows the location of the arrow/data on the statistic.

This was flown at the historic Mills Mansion - ABOVE GROUND - in Springer, New Mexico.

I've been getting some pretty flaky reports from my flight logs, showing outrageous [and untrue] distances and altitudes since my controller was replaced with a GL-300-C.

Any ideas on what's going on here? Compass was calibrated at the home point before flight.

Attachments

• UnderGroundFlight.jpg
    UnderGroundFlight.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 355
It just means that your bird was beneath where you took off from at that point. There are plenty of other threads about this if you want to read up.

That's my point. I took off from a point that was the road at the same elevation as the point below the P3. I took this photo with my Nikon D800 just prior to flying. The position of the P3P is shown as a triangle at the time the data shown is incorrect.

For clarification: The position of the home point is the position I was standing when I took the photo attached. Note that I am below ground level seen [shown in the photo - aka, I am pointing the camera up] taking that photo. The P3P was well above the take-off point.

Attachments

• MillsMansion.jpg
    MillsMansion.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 360
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik