Flying tomorrow!! Please help!

Reaction score
So I am flying tomorrow from the US to Heathrow, London (then again to Scotland). I called British Airways this evening and they told me I HAVE to check in my drone...after all the research I did, I assumed that it'd be fine. I'm kinda freaking out my drone is gonna break in my luggage. I have a case for, it but it's not hard packed. This guy works in the call center and may have had a supervisor that didn't know? Does anyone have any experience flying within the UK with a drone, or with BA? Any ideas?

Thanks

From their site, as long as it fits into the carryon bag measurements (probably won't without unbolting the legs, 25cm is max width), you should be able to take it on. I couldn't find anything specifically prohibiting UAV's from the cabin area.

SOURCE: Banned and restricted items | Baggage essentials | British Airways
Thanks! Ill print it out to take with me. I looked at this too and I was confused. I think the guy I talked to had no idea what I was talking about

Does the lithium ion battery section not have an impact?

U.K. London Side pushing the Phantom 4. Peace
Check the specs of you battery to see, they are listed on the page I linked to. In the US they are within the limit, I assume they are there too but please verify. No spare batteries can be checked EVER in the USA so I am surprised they would say it must be checked. Maybe pack your props into the checked bags so they can't claim they are weapons.

FYI - a Phantom 3 series (not sure what you have) battery is 68wh and they allow up to 4 100wh or less in cabin.

Here's the formula: watt-hours = milliampere-hours × volts / 1000

For what it's worth, I have traveled with my Phantoms in cabin in the USA with no issues.

FYI - a Phantom 3 series (not sure what you have) battery is 68wh and they allow up to 4 100wh or less in cabin.

Here's the formula: watt-hours = milliampere-hours × volts / 1000

For what it's worth, I have traveled with my Phantoms in cabin in the USA with no issues.
I'd like to see your travel setup....please

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20