Flying the P3s without a camera

Reaction score
Hi all. Relatively new to drone flying. Have been reading through the topics and doing searches on this site, but have not found an answer to this question.
Is it possible to fly the P3s with the entire camera assembly removed?
Any answers would be appreciated. BTW. Great bunch of folks on this site. So much info to digest.

Hi all. Relatively new to drone flying. Have been reading through the topics and doing searches on this site, but have not found an answer to this question.
Is it possible to fly the P3s with the entire camera assembly removed?
Any answers would be appreciated. BTW. Great bunch of folks on this site. So much info to digest.
Post #3 here Camera Fell of Phantom 3 Standard- no crash says it will.

Thanks Steve7777
Checked that out, but I've removed the entire assembly, so the two antennae cables and the the grey ribbon cables are just hanging free.
Here's a picture of the front of the drone.
b1a712af20c61715210c0ad900e0116e.jpg

It almost seems like the gimbal board needs to be attached to the grey ribbon cable and antenna cables before the remote will link with the drone.

Thanks Steve7777
Checked that out, but I've removed the entire assembly, so the two antennae cables and the the grey ribbon cables are just hanging free.
Here's a picture of the front of the drone.
b1a712af20c61715210c0ad900e0116e.jpg

It almost seems like the gimbal board needs to be attached to the grey ribbon cable and antenna cables before the remote will link with the drone.
If you've removed the gimbal as well, then sorry, it probably won't work. I think you're correct about the need for those connections being in place.

You can fly the PIII standard without the camera, as long as it was already binded to the remote. You cannot bind a remote to a PIII standard without the camera attached

If you need a phantom without camera... why not get the phantom 2? I see it without camera from factory.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan