Flying the P3P below 0 degrees Celsius

I was in the mountains a few weeks ago and flew in the morning. It was 35F. I had done a cold IMU calibration a few months ago and normally the Phantom starts right up. This time I got an undefined error but then it went away after 30 seconds or so. The Phantom had me wait about 30 seconds to warm up. It then flew just fine. I suspect that the undefined error might have been due to the altitude (around 9000 feet) and the cold.

Also, you NEED to be wearing gloves! My hands got so cold I had a hard time keeping them on the controller.
Absolutely agree, the cold hands is the worst part. I haven't flown the P3 in below freezing temperatures, yet. My P2V+ did fine, but I modded a radio glove that helps. I stick a hand warmer pouch under the radio.
image.jpg

Reactions: AndyS and villep
With first generation phantom i flew all the time at -20c - -30c and it worked fine. Little bit less flight time but nothing else. If you dont count cold fingers :) i dont't know yet how well phantom 3 works in that cold, but in 2-3 months we will see!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik