Flying straight

Maybe there's an easier way to explain it.

The only difference between P-GPS and ATTI is when you are stationary. When you are moving you are in ATTI mode for all intensive purposes. The wind will blow you around and you will have to correct for it.

GPS doesn't know where you are going. It doesn't plot a straight light based on compass heading. Even when you're flying a waypoint mission all GPS knows is the next reference point. The compass helps it get there but not necessarily in a straight line if there is wind.

Happened to me once. Was definitely caused by flying near a bridge. Changed location no more problem.. So... My guess is like Meta4 said probably compass issue. Clean calibration should fix it or it could be the area you are flying..

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2
Calibrating near metal might cause problems, but I doubt very much that flying near metal will influence your compass. People are flying on/in/around container ships all the time.

Ok thanks for all the information. The other day I had my p3p pointed straight down a road and was going to fly it on that path. There was little wind and as it travel down the road I had to keep making slight adjustments to keep it going down the center of the road. Just curious.

David

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj