Flying Skills vs Gimbal Inputs

Reaction score
Right this is for all you experienced flyers.

I am sort of new to this flying stuff with only about 20 flights now. I have ordered the rotorpixel gimbal as I want to use the phantom primarily for video footage. On the rotorpixel thread I have asked this question.

I have spent the flights so far to basically learn to fly the aircraft and not pay too much attention to taking video properly as I thought if I cant fly the aircraft then my video is going to be pants. However, the question I have is related to learning flying skills. At the moment I am flying and using yaw to turn the aircraft, and given this is the 3rd axis problem, if I have a nice new rotorpixel gimbal sorting out the first 2 axis problems, am I learning bad habits by relying too much on yaw turns which in the current setup can be quite reactive to gentle stick inputs.

Someone suggested dumbing down the yaw inputs on the stick to make it less responsive (I think that's what he was suggesting) which sounds like a plan, but am I flying in a lazy way and should I be using a little more banked turns ? The last thing I want is to pay good money for the gimbal and let sloppy flying skills put yaw shakes into otherwise good footage ??

Thoughts please ??

:roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4