Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

flying rules in Hungary, Europe?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lesd, May 14, 2015.

1. lesd

I have flown a phantom in Budapest before, but that was a couple of years ago before the new rules.
    I am traveling there this summer.Does anybody know how the current rules are working? I hear there are some rules where you can get permission but have to apply 3 weeks before.
    Does anybody have some direct experience in this country?
    What I'm wondering is how strongly this is being enforced. I'm thinking of getting a official looking vest with yellow reflectors to look somewhat 'governmental looking ' for lack of better words. This might let me fly under the radar so to speak.
    Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

2. IflyinWY

3. lesd

thank you for the search link, however it only got my own question and two videos from a lake in Hungary. I'm still searching for recent practical information about the rules there. Thank you

4. IflyinWY

You're welcome.

Try typing in "International Travel"

I just scored 101 finds.

5. lesd

My search was particular to Hungary. they have decided to deviate from the rest of the E. U. . Searching for general " international travel" is worthless, if it won't include the key word "Hungary "because of the unique situation. So my search keyword was Hungary. Just hoping maybe somebody has some direct experience because things are very fluid with all the rules everywhere in the world it seems. I just came back from India recently and was going to some shots there but ruled that out because of the complex laws there as well.