Flying restrictions

Reaction score
As I debate with myself over getting into this hobby I'm concerned with limited areas to fly.
I live in the north coastal area of San Diego County. It's just so populated I'm not sure it's worth the hassles.
My friend, who lives in Oregon, will give me a sweet deal on a lightly used P3A and this hobby looks addicting but where to fly?
Has anyone else had this internal debate?
How did you resolve it?

San Diego is pretty much covered in NFZ until you get north or out in the desert.

Why not just treat the drone as some off-road vehicle that cannot be driven in town and take it out in the desert? Dirt bikers and Polaris quad owners live with that rule. Wide open spaces and no neighbors to complain, call the cops, dealing with airport tower call-ins and permissions, etc.

San Diego is pretty much covered in NFZ until you get north or out in the desert.

Why not just treat the drone as some off-road vehicle that cannot be driven in town and take it out in the desert? Dirt bikers and Polaris quad owners live with that rule. Wide open spaces and no neighbors to complain, call the cops, dealing with airport tower call-ins and permissions, etc.
I've found a few online maps showing restrictions. Any you recommend?

I just downloaded Hover.

Here's what I'm at. Still some open areas I'm familiar with.

Screenshot_2017-03-21-09-54-21_zps7pm5l8rs.png

Just stay out of the Miramar surface area and below the Class B shelves, and away from the Ramona Class D. Looks like plenty of room to fly to me.

upload_2017-3-23_19-46-43.png

Reactions: SHRED

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj