Flying Regulations Applications

Reaction score
Hello All,

New to the forum and haven't found a good answer to this. I am sure it is here but I haven't learned the site yet. Anyway, which the most accurate application to tell you if you are flying in a restricted area? Also, is there a way to post my flight to the world. I see in the "Know Before You Fly" website that there are these little paper airplane icons that indicate where people are flying. How do you get this information to the site?

Thanks.

If you are looking for one source, I'd say the following site:

U.S. Air Space Map | Know Before You Fly

This combined with the DJI Go app warnings probably takes care of 90% of the information.

Part of the problem is that the FAA has simply not stepped up to the plate in the past 3 years or so. They are just now starting to allow people the resources they need to even stand a chance of obaying their regulations. Even now, it's still lacking.

The Know B4U Fly app seems to be very outdated. It shows me the "airports" that haven't been used in 30 years that were farm crop duster airports.

Hello All,

New to the forum and haven't found a good answer to this. I am sure it is here but I haven't learned the site yet. Anyway, which the most accurate application to tell you if you are flying in a restricted area? Also, is there a way to post my flight to the world. I see in the "Know Before You Fly" website that there are these little paper airplane icons that indicate where people are flying. How do you get this information to the site?

Thanks.
Welcome to the site!
There is tons of info here, and tons of very knowledgeable people and pilots.
Of course, use the search but feel free to ask questions too!

For restricted areas I think you have to look on a sectional chart. They have blue hatch-marked borders with the letter R inside.

Don't confuse restricted areas with restricted air space. Did you know sectional maps, maps found at websites like SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts show you airspace designations; class B, Class C, Class E etc? As @RodFlash points out, you can see "Restricted" areas too. Hell, it is confusing.

The Know B4U Fly app seems to be very outdated. It shows me the "airports" that haven't been used in 30 years that were farm crop duster airports.
All of these app use the airport directory to locate airports in an area. Pretty much once one is in, it is never removed unless the owner/operator takes some action. So all of those private strips where the owner has died or that have been turned into housing developments, etc. still show up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20