Flying problems with Phantom 2 (non Vision)

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a new Phantom 2 with some problems i hope to get help with.
I did two flights in two days that worked pretty fine, until the end of the second one.
The Phantom did not keep a straight line, when it was flying straight forward, probably due to a bad compass calibration.
I did a calibration the next day at the point where the Phantom was going to take off, and started the flight.
I flew away with it for about 50 meters and lost control of it and the flying thing began to go up.
The panic was short, the failsafe system was working properly.
How could that happen? All batteries was full.
When i got home, i updated both the main controller firmware, and the quad, to the latest system and did a calibration of the controller.

Today, the plan was to put the Phantom in a leash, so i got some fishing line, and prepered for start.
The problem was that it did not had motor power to lift? Full throttle and almost no effect.

Anyone know what the problem can be?

/Peter

Here's what I've done and had an excellent result. I have a Zenmuse gimbal with a GoPro, iOSD mini and a video transmitter on board. I did every software/firmware update available. That means there are three software assistants. One for the Phantom, one for the controller and one for the iOSD. I performed all of the calibrations in the Phantom 2 Assistant, then performed all the calibrations in the Remote Controller Assistant and performed the update from the iOSD software. When all done with each of the three software packages, I took the Phantom outdoors and performed a compass calibration. Then went back indoors on a perfectly flat and level surface and went to the Phantom 2 Assistant and performed ONLY the advanced calibration.

When I went out in the field to fly, I turned on the camera, turned on the Phantom 2 battery and set the Phantom on a reasonably level piece of ground, pointed in the direction I wanted to fly and did not touch it again until it warmed up, showed both series of green flashes for home and course lock, and showed no more red flashes for good satellite selection. Being out in an open area, I often get 8 - 12 satellites. At least according to the OSD.

It should also be noted I'm in Naza-M mode. You may not wish to perform all the updates as flight limits and no-fly zones are installed.

The only problem I experience is wondering yaw rotations. All other flight is rock solid. (knocking on wood) As I said, this works for me, or I have myself convinced this is what works for me. If I were to crash, I would repeat the entire process.

Oh and on page 8 of the manual, it indicates a continuous red LED is "Errors and Aircraft cannot fly".

If performing all the updates and calibrations does not clear this problem, you might consider contacting your vendor for possible warranty issues and or advice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1