Flying problem......

No i replaced compass....today i replaced Naza....i didnt do the foil shield mod........The drifting isnt that bad but it seems like the gps signal was dropping thats why it drifts a bit then when the gps signal is strong again its hovers in one place.....i think its the shielding.....i kind of made it tight around the gps so maybe thats why.....

himo said:
Great news my bird is flying again after replacing Naza !!!!! some nerve wrecking stuff ......it seems stable but i noticed my gps dropping from all green flashes to green and one red flash.....i think my gps is losing signal for some reason......it hovers but kind drifts offf and hovers again.....i was in an open park.....could be my gps shielding ....should i add aluminum and tape the aluminum to avoid shortages?

What I believe the thinking is, by using the tin foil mod you will get sats faster, more of them and not loose them. Especially when you turn on a camera. So, are you dropping sats when the quad is behaving funny?

that being said, you have the ability obviously, so check your flying stats now, write them down.. how high how many sats, how long, how low. whatever might change after the mod, the do the mod and see what happens. Keep us posted and good luck

himo said:
No i replaced compass....today i replaced Naza....i didnt do the foil shield mod........The drifting isnt that bad but it seems like the gps signal was dropping thats why it drifts a bit then when the gps signal is strong again its hovers in one place.....i think its the shielding.....i kind of made it tight around the gps so maybe thats why.....

Get some of that aluminum tape and do the foil mode. Easy enough to do and pretty cheap in comparison to that NAZA! ;)

Ya i did it with regual aluminum tape but i made sure no aluminum is exposed to the main board by adding a layer of paper on top of the aluminum. I will take it up to the roof and just observe satellites. Finally got my gimbal on so now i can actually see the number of satellites.....things looking positive though!!!! Thanks you guys ....ill keep u posted on next flight....i ordered flytrex just to monitor my birds numbers a lil more. next few days will only be low slow flights lol... need to observe this thing....0 trust in it.......

Great to hear you're making good progress after all the hassle you went through :)

Good luck with the further testing!

Hi guys after further testing everything seems to be running perfect except for one thing. When i rotate the quad it drifts and comes back to its place. This only happens when i rotate for some reason. its definitely a noticeable drifting but only happens when rotating

himo said:
Hi guys after further testing everything seems to be running perfect except for one thing. When i rotate the quad it drifts and comes back to its place. This only happens when i rotate for some reason. its definitely a noticeable drifting but only happens when rotating
Not sure which firmware your on. But sag & drift are somewhat normal on 3.0.6. for me when using a yaw command in a hover . But ill take that over TBE and j hook any day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20