Flying problem......

And you already did contact DJI support right?

Very annoying to say the least spending this kind of money on something that doesn't work the way it should...

Himo, it sure seems like you are going through a lot of trouble for something that should be covered by warranty ... Why not return it?

No after reading how shitty DJI support is i opted not to call them and go fix it myself. The repair centre around here has a backlog of a month....i live in vancouver so once summer is over its all about rain.......i just want to fly NOW ....i have the necassary background and tools to fix it myself......

No after reading how shitty DJI support is i opted not to call them and go fix it myself. The repair centre around here has a backlog of a month....i live in vancouver so once summer is over its all about rain.......i just want to fly NOW ....i have the necassary background and tools to fix it myself......

i am not sure if warranty is gonna cover if they see the new antennas sticking out and the holes drilled in the legs .....they will probably blame it on me.......because their DJI

I very well could be wrong but I am thinking that when you first crashed, near that other rc person, it somehow damaged your quad. I would check the balance and see how balanced it is. I would check the arms and see how straight they are, I would check the motors and see if they seem to be working the same or is there some slight different way some are working that might cause this. I realize that it most likely is a software issue, but since software shows no problems I have to think hardware. I think you said the issue happens no matter what setting you have and that you have tried manual mode and it seemed to do the same thing. If that is so I would look very closely at the body and everything else that could cause an unbalance. I am not trying to get you to waste time on something but I would hope that I could be right and you would be flying sooner. keep us posted

or.. thinking about it. If some computer part failed when you were flying in the park and caused the crash that you thought was caused by another rc user. It is possible, and to clarify.. you were flying, something failed and it is still failed. I guess the route you are going should address that.

himo said:
There is NO right drifting when it is in manual mode.

I do not think the body is damaged, otherwise he also had it in manuel mode :cool:

just looked at the body and the bird is clean and i actually clean it after every "failed test". cleaning helps me observe every side of it. inside looks good after every test. this machine should be flying ....no software issues ....anyway my naza comes in tomorow. Its gonna be a very nerve wrecking test lol ....

I hope one day DJI reads this topic lol .....they owe me an S1000 for the crap i went through lol

himo said:
I hope one day DJI reads this topic lol .....they owe me an S1000 for the crap i went through lol

are you fixed? I missed it if you are, if not I did have my vision plus repaired and even though I said I was at fault and I expected to be charged they still waived all charges and even shipped it back to me on their dime. This also got me to purchase a used phantom v1.2 off ebay, I looked for one that had the kind of issue that I could fix and I found one that had a damaged upper shell,it was like meant to be since a couple days before I had bought an phantom 1 upper shell off ebay. Someone might wonder why I had purchased the upper shell of a phantom 1 when I did not own one.. I think it was because it was only $10.00 and I thought it would come in handy at some point. Then a few days later an upper shell damaged Phantom 1 came up for sale and I bought it for $355.00. The new upper shell went on great and then....I tried to set up the software and check firmware version number and I found that the usb cable was just hanging there not attached to anything. You could see where the micro connector had been on the led board but it was gone. Contacted seller and he gave me $50.00 refund and sent me an replacement led which all worked fine in my opinion. He also send me a two antenna receiver and a main board that looks like the same one that I have in that bird. I don;t think I can use them at this time. Sorry, got off subject a little but I hope you are back ih the air. BTW.. there was a know fix for broken apple computers, like the apple II etc and that was to place the left hand on the side of the monitor computer and slap the other side of the thing. It worked more often then one might think.

I just read back and I guess today is tomorrow and you, hopefully got it all going. My arthritis will not allow me to keep my fingers crossed for much longer.. but I will do my best good luck

Im not running yet.....i get my naza controller tomorow. i cant wait but at the same time im nervous lol........well what im going to do is hopefully get it flying for now until winter comes around. Then im going to mount my old gimbal and my previous naza and send it to DJI :) .......they fix it then i sell the parts......my old gimbal is doin the crazy dance and black ribbon got ripped off......my previous naza just loves drifting right.....could you imagine how that would look in the air??? dancing gimbal and a crazy quad the keeps drifting right.......

OK guys i just got my Naza and have installed it. i started the software and upgraded firmware to 3.06 and got the message below . I recalibrated my controller and did an advanced calibration for compass. Message is gone now. Thing is i cant test because its raining ....so will have to wait till tomorrow to test

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 4.10.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 4.10.21 PM.png
    451.1 KB · Views: 307
Great news my bird is flying again after replacing Naza !!!!! some nerve wrecking stuff ......it seems stable but i noticed my gps dropping from all green flashes to green and one red flash.....i think my gps is losing signal for some reason......it hovers but kind drifts offf and hovers again.....i was in an open park.....could be my gps shielding ....should i add aluminum and tape the aluminum to avoid shortages?

So the NAZA does seem to have been the culprit? Didn't you replace the GPS first? Did you do the foil shielding mod? Maybe go back to the original if you are still having issues with GPS?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj