Flying P3 indoor to outdoor

Reaction score
So, let's say I want to take off in a second floor room in my house, take the phantom through the window and out. Will that work flawlessly? Will it change immediately to GPS based flight once it's outdoors. I'm actually wondering if it will switch from vps based flight to GPS immediately. Has anyone tried that?

Thanks

You can do that with Dashware. It allows you to load your Phantom flight log into gauges and then overlay them on your video.

Yes. Most likely you will get GPS inside if you are close to a window. VPS works anytime with a meter or two from a surface. What you need to watch out for is your home point will be inside the room. Remember a RTH will climb to the set altitude and then come down to its home point

Let me clarify -
Say you're taking off from well inside a room, no GPS. Then you go out the window of that room, about 7 meters (20ft) high. Since there's no vps working at that height will GPS immediately kick in and let it hover or will it use atti mode?

Yup i do it many times, im in 39 floor i take off from my living room inside with no GPS signal , after i got out from the room the bird immediately taking the gps signless when its outside,and i control it normally from the balcony, however , the problem is the home point, you cant use the return home option,
Usually i land it back by catch it on my hands from the balcony and thats the hard job,

Excuse my ignorance but can't you set the home point again once you're out of the room? I'm coming from p2v+ flying with litchi and it seems obvious. If that's not possible with dji go I might just use litchi again.

Visual positioning system. The ultrasound system your phantom uses to keep its location relative to the ground when there's no GPS(ie indoors) and its at low altitude.

Oh how do I use follow me is Das not show on my screen.?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yup i do it many times, im in 39 floor i take off from my living room inside with no GPS signal , after i got out from the room the bird immediately taking the gps signless when its outside,and i control it normally from the balcony, however , the problem is the home point, you cant use the return home option,
Usually i land it back by catch it on my hands from the balcony and thats the hard job,

That must look amazing from 39 floors up, have you a link to any video to watch?

Excuse my ignorance but can't you set the home point again once you're out of the room? I'm coming from p2v+ flying with litchi and it seems obvious. If that's not possible with dji go I might just use litchi again.
Yes you can. I have done this when launching from under my forest umbrella and gone down the driveway to the street. I set to "Hover" and have landed manually. As stated before, you have to consider the Home Point when starting from inside or under a structure. Also consider how and where you will land.

Use the "Dynamic Home Point" in the DJI Go app to change the HP to a new location - the point where the "Mobile Device" (in my case my Tablet connected to the RC and running the Go app) is at the time you initiate the Dynamic HP button on the app screen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl