Flying Over Water - Questions

If your quad descends quickly to enough depth, the waterbuoy will never inflate.
How do you know this ?

EDIT * After thinking about it, You are right. Anything under 30Ft will prevent the Balloon to fully inflate because the pressure will be to much for them to inflate. Once the PSi pressure of the water is more than the one inflating the balloon that is the point of no return. And my my P1 crashed in the water it sunk like a stone. So yup not much protection in depth over 25 feet.

Thanks for the eye opening comment.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No problems flying over water regularly. No changes. P3P

Awesome! I was thinking about trying to fly to Alcatraz from Treasure Island the other day but that seemed like a stretch. Looks like you found a great place to do it from. Great footage!

Reactions: Fast13
How do you know this ?

EDIT * After thinking about it, You are right. Anything under 30Ft will prevent the Balloon to fully inflate because the pressure will be to much for them to inflate. Once the PSi pressure of the water is more than the one inflating the balloon that is the point of no return. And my my P1 crashed in the water it sunk like a stone. So yup not much protection in depth over 25 feet.

Thanks for the eye opening comment.

So this might be very well known but I just found out the hard way that you can shut off the drone while it's flying. I was doing a video like I've done hundreds of times of one of my customers yachts with my P3 pro. Finished up and was turning to come back to the boat and plop into the ocean it went. 40%battery left and only 50' from me..... Guess I should have read the instructions better.

Dave

I don't bother with floats because I would never again fly a craft that was submerged.
Except you never get your video/stills back you shot. If you had a float (I don't have one either) at least you stood a chance to recover the SD and maybe some parts. I probably wouldn't trust the electronics either but at least you would have shell components to use for repairs of another drone with.

Here is my only extended flights over water..

That video is an amalgum of two flights:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters 2016-03-02 14-15-37.png

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters 2016-03-02 14-17-08.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic