Flying over water doesn't matter.

I understand a crash is a crash on land or water. But a crash on land you can locate your extra equipment and try again. With a water crash you may lose all the equipment with no hope of ever finding it. Can you say Malaysia Flight MH370. If you spend any time in the RC hobby you know some day it will happen and its an excuse to tell your wife you need to upgrade to the next best thing.

lonfd11 said:
With a water crash you may lose all the equipment with no hope of ever finding it. Can you say Malaysia Flight MH370.

That's a ridiculous and tacky analogy.

There are easy to use products to recover your gear after a water crash:

One example:

http://getterback.com/

No trees to contend with over water.

I'm a complete newbie and just spent a week shooting water ski over a good sized lake. Knowing there were no other obstacles (trees, light poles, etc...) allowed me to focus on my flying and videography.

I had my bird drop out of the sky at about 80ft. Knocked a rubber dampner out of the gimbal. Had that been into water, it would have definitely been a PITA to retrieve it and then tear it apart to try and dry it out and salvage it.

Don't get me wrong - I plan on flying over water a ton this summer, but there's no argument as to whether crashing into water is worse than land. Simple plan... don't crash. ;)

As scheduled I went to the sea to film over water. Phantom is still alive, no trouble with it but trouble with me! I just couldn't do it! Trying but even 100 meters away from the cliff it was hardly over water. I had to go much further and that made me sick. I tried again at sunset, and promised myself to come back next day, more daring this time. The over water starts at 2'00, I prefer much flying over land!
You can also watch it from the beginning as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U8BPY7VqHY

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20