Flying over the beach when a surprise visitor showed up

The skies are getting crowded. By the time Phantom 8 comes onto the market.....air rage!

wait what? lol, it was windy as heck, like 30mph

that said please look at my other video and tell me if you see the same problem I see no issues.

thx
WOW very cool....how to do you get altitude and direction and all the data around the edges...

Oh wow, how do I calibrate the gimbal? I never did that when I got it new a month or so ago

I'm not familiar with the calibration process or its efficacy, but I've heard of people kludging it by taping a very small weight (like a dime) to one of the struts to level it off.

lol relax guy. when i saw the video i just thought it was aggressive, so immediately thought how to defend my property. but everybody else seems to think its sweet so i must have took it the wrong way. always seeing stories about people wanting to take down drones - didn't think it was that far off.

Simple question.
What makes you think anyone wants to crash their OWN drone to crash yours on purpose????

they both go would down you know!

Thought I'd share a quickly put together video from the other week.

Was flying after my "disaster takeoff" (I made a post about it) to make sure everything was still good.

Minding my own business when all of a sudden, :)

Had a Phantom hovering over my backyard whilst '''her indoors" and yours truly lounged with a cold one . Despite it being a dense built up area , it made it to low-level in our street ,no line of sight remotely possible. Obviously some "jack the lad " with the latest must-have toy . Wanted to send mine up just to say " me too , and I was first!" If only they knew! But then again , I respect the air navigation order , and observe the B.M.F.A. codes when I fly. I fear there's lots of the wrong sort going to get into the drone thing ..........

Reactions: mikesmiley
What makes you think anyone wants to crash their OWN drone to crash yours on purpose????
no normal person would do that, but no normal person would blow themselves up to kill you. happens all the time. i'm just saying there are a lot of crazy people out there, so i just wouldn't take any chances.

Was flying after my "disaster takeoff" (I made a post about it) to make sure everything was still good.

Pretty cool... I am in Lake Worth. Looks like a great place to fly, where is this?

hahah really? literally 3 miles from you, Boyton Beach inlet. I go there to fish a lot.
Meet up one night, its pretty cool, 24 hr free parking, beach fishing, I go at night a lot.

lotta fun, we can fly out to the boats

I just moved to Royal Palm from Boynton. Never tried flying over the inlet, but it looks pretty cool!!

I had a problem with the level on my camera gimbal and discovered that the white spring pieces had a slight tear in it. It was one that did not have a pin in it. It was just enough, that it was still holding, but not holding at level. That would be my first guess.

I'd never do what the other flyer did with someones drone unless we knew each other and we were on the ground together. I'd be very upset if someone decided to take away from my 25 minutes of flight by getting in the way if I was up there, trying to take a particular shot.

I agree with noki49, editing makes a difference, start any cut after you are stable in the direction you want the visual to be, or make your turn slowly. Unless you are shooting an action scene, which you sort of end up doing, then most anything goes... how much nausea do you wish to induce... :)

I hope I've been on help.

Wow! Not in a good way.

Maybe I am just squirrelly as .....

It looked to me like the other controller did not have full awareness. They moved forward and then abruptly backwards as if they realized they may be too close. Just my view, though.

Seems to me one should have moved away from the other after realization that another craft was in the same space.

I think if you made your turns less abrupt it would look much better as well just my observation

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Great video, can I ask you what all of your camera settings were set at, and if you are using a filter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4