Flying over huge metal patio

Reaction score
I have a question about that metal patio. I do not really like it, but I have to fly over it. As soon as I am over it - it starts drifting a bit. I did not have time today to test Atti, as I was tested new upgrade, plus my client wanted some shots today before sunset. Going back tomorrow. so the question is will it help if I go Atti only? Or any suggestion in flying over that metal plate?

P.S. I like new update. I am on 1.3.2 now
patio.jpg

You will experience more drift in Atti for sure.

I could be wrong but once you compass is calibrated the metal should have little effect since gps is used to hold your position.

A few people have had pictures flying over large steel tankers and said there was no issues.

Reactions: Adam Longman
I fly over metal (steel) buildings, no problem, don't land on them!

Did someone mention large ships?
There's 50634 tons of steel in this one + the containers and I don't notice a problem at this distance.
If you stay a similar distance to what you show in your pic, you'll be fine.
DJI_0717a-XL.jpg

The building itself shouldn't bother you as long as they (the business) are not using a wifi jammer. Some business use them when they need security protecting corporate data. The building itself should not be emitting any RF or EMI interference.

I could be wrong but once you compass is calibrated the metal should have little effect since gps is used to hold your position.

Flying close to large metal objects can influence the compass even if you have a solid calibration. But as meta4 suggested, it's all about proximity. Unless the metal has a magnetic charge, the amount of measurable magnetic flux should dissipate very quickly. The easiest way to confirm this is with an app on your phone that measure micro Tesla units. You can use that to see how quickly the flux dissipates.

The building itself shouldn't bother you as long as they (the business) are not using a wifi jammer. Some business use them when they need security protecting corporate data. The building itself should not be emitting any RF or EMI interference.

If you know of any businesses jamming WiFi signals in the US, feel free to report them to the FCC for hefty penalties and possible criminal charges. Also, unless it is an RF jammer and not just a WiFi jammer, it won't work on the P3.

If you know of any businesses jamming WiFi signals in the US, feel free to report them to the FCC for hefty penalties and possible criminal charges. Also, unless it is an RF jammer and not just a WiFi jammer, it won't work on the P3.
It's a common security protocol when there are high profile clients using networks in convention halls.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik