Flying over Freeways & Bridges

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of footage that was shoot over automibile traffic...is this all done illegally? Some of it is really cool. It just makes me paranoid...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I believe it depends on the local laws and air control restrictions that are in place. Controlled air space would typically require clearance before flying over it. You will have to check with your local civil aviation authorities to confirm.

I have seen a lot of footage that was shoot over automibile traffic...is this all done illegally? Some of it is really cool. It just makes me paranoid...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
You might want to try to fly along the side of a busy freeway, and not directly above the fast moving vehicles...
"Heavy Metal" Bridges can be dangerous, so be aware of how your RTH is setup. If you lose signal, have it set to hover and not rise up, to the occasion. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Not sure on legalities, but from a practical standpoint I noticed a lot of interference around a large iron train bridge when I filmed this
But nothing that wasn't manageable.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Not sure on legalities, but from a practical standpoint I noticed a lot of interference around a large iron train bridge when I filmed this
But nothing that wasn't manageable.
Very well done. About the only thing that could have made it better. Would have been a steam powered locomotive crossing the bridge.

Reactions: maseman88
Very well done. About the only thing that could have made it better. Would have been a steam powered locomotive crossing the bridge.

I agree, the ironic part about the song and video is that I literally missed the train by a few seconds because I had forgot my SD card back in the truck!

Multirotors drop straight down when they lose power. I'd make sure not to fly over motorists and crowds.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That us why I suggested road side aerial videography...

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav