Flying over development in Costa Rica-Beach & National Park

Reaction score
I have been flying for a little over 3 months, at almost an hour a day, and have learned how to use final cut pro + motion over the last few weeks. This is one of my favorite edits so far but I would love to hear what this community thinks. Any feedback is most welcome. I lost my job two months ago and am trying to make a full time biz out of flying and editing. Lots to learn but I love it!

Sock it to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plTTT_mTsu4&feature=youtu.be

Re: Flying over development in Costa Rica-Beach & National P

Not too bad but I would have loved to see more of the aerial shot... ie. start low and pull up, shooting straight down until you're 400 feet high and almost a satellite view.
Then you could overlay the actual lot numbers and sizes on the image, maybe with arrows pointing to the beach and town etc...
You don't really show the surrounding areas except the beach, there looks to be a mountain just over to the side.
I'm assuming you hand held the quad inside the house (hope you weren't flying)... but how cool would it be to have one take where the quad is half through the house then taken outside where it flies up and out... all one shot like those asian car chase movies.
I would rethink and redo your closing logo, it doesn't seem like something I'd want a videographer to use unless the subject was motorbikes and bikinis.
I think the Villa De Sol logo would look better over a solid background, like the sand or the sky rather than just have it as solid frames at the start and end of the video. Try some chroma key masking maybe.

I hope I'm not coming over too harsh, just trying to offer some feedback.

TheloniousMac, thanks for the feedback. You make valid critiques and I thank you.
I have that satellite view but there is a construction project on the lot next to this development that made the entire shot look messy. I had to cut a lot of good shots that showed their trash/burn pile. I like the house idea and have tried it before but have a hard time getting the shot to look smooth. Going from hand held inside to flying outside has stumped me so far. Any advice on how to achieve this with a seamless transition?
I agree about my logo. I am going to create a new one for videos with a more classy format such as this one and use that one for action, surfing etc....

Not sure what you mean about the Villa del Sol logo on solid background. I faded it through 2 clips using keyframes. If you have time shoot me an example.

Thanks again Tmac! Have a great day. I am off to fly another project
CC

I saw this one shot from a movie (Raid 2) and have always wanted to try something similar.
v604GpS.gif

I guess it would take at least 2 guys to do something similar with the quad.

As for the logo, here's a quick example I did up with photoshop and some screen grabs.
example-shot.jpg

I think it helps associate that image with the name, rather than just the splash screen.

Shame about the trash pile, hope they sort that out before long.

TMac, I see what you are saying. Yea, that would be a nice touch. I will keep that in mind for future edits.
Trying the car pass through with a drone would take some serious skill and would probably come at the price of a few quads. I bet someone pulls it off before too long. Thanks for taking the time to look at the video and offering advice.
Happy flying.

Dollerprod, Yes this beach is called Playa Chaman and it is located about 15 minutes south of Dominical near Uvita and Bahia Ballena. Beautiful area for sure.
CostaC

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl