FLYING OVER CLIFFS a cinematic experiment with a DJI Phantom 3 Standard

Wow! I loved you video. I hope someday I will gain the experience that's necessary to put something like this together. Great job!

Ah ! You're very kind with your comment, means a lot ! And thank you for watching ! I keep on pushing myself in every video to improve both my flying, filmmaking and editing skills ! But, I'm still learning as well, so I keep on watching and learning how others are doing, and keep on experimenting. Hope to have contributed with a tiny bit of inspiration so that others can go out there and experiment and create as well !

Reactions: grin factor
I went out a few days ago to hike at a local hiking path near a mysterious beach and misty cliffs.
I took the opportunity to fly a bit over the cliffs and experiment with a bit of a cinematic feel to the edit. Certainly had fun doing this :)

Constructive comments are welcome !

Thanks for watching !
Sweet! This kind of footage is EXACTLY what got me into this hobby!

Reactions: Nuno Barreto
Nuno, just checked out your Youtube video's. Beautifully done. You either travel to some awesome places, or live nearby. The video choreography is absolutely perfect. I am of the opinion that some of these video's should be sent to producers such as National Geographic. As stated earlier,....these type of videos are EXACTLY why I got into this hobby. Your videos can only be described as IMPRESSIVE.

Nuno, just checked out your Youtube video's. Beautifully done. You either travel to some awesome places, or live nearby. The video choreography is absolutely perfect. I am of the opinion that some of these video's should be sent to producers such as National Geographic. As stated earlier,....these type of videos are EXACTLY why I got into this hobby. Your videos can only be described as IMPRESSIVE.
Ah ! You're too kind !! But thanks, I do have fun producing these :)

I went out a few days ago to hike at a local hiking path near a mysterious beach and misty cliffs.
I took the opportunity to fly a bit over the cliffs and experiment with a bit of a cinematic feel to the edit. Certainly had fun doing this :)

Thanks for watching !
Well, I would say that your editing was very good, but the music was a bit over the top. That said, I know a lot of people go in for the epic music nature channel awe thing. I typically try to keep my music more peppy / poppy and my pace pretty quick, but these things are matters of taste and not to be disputed. I like that you do more than just show video of the place - you tell a story. I think that makes it better. Thanks for posting. I enjoyed it.

Really enjoyed all of it, including the music. During the first viewing, I was wondering how you got so good at flying backwards and then read your comment about that. I'm going to see if the software I'm using - "Shotcut" will do that. I'm a real novice and hope to get to your level of editing.

Really enjoyed all of it, including the music. During the first viewing, I was wondering how you got so good at flying backwards and then read your comment about that. I'm going to see if the software I'm using - "Shotcut" will do that. I'm a real novice and hope to get to your level of editing.

Thanks ! I don't know that editing software, but usually you have the option to reverse the footage. If you have a mac, imovie (free) has that capability as well.

Thanks for watching !
God, I miss the ocean. You've made me homesick, which is a very good thing. Well done! Thanks for sharing.
~rc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub