Flying over 2 miles and back

Reaction score
My goal is to get my Phantom Vision upgraded to fly 2 miles out and back... basically as far as the battery will allow ... due to time constraints I cannot research and build everything...

can anyone suggest, point me to, have a company or hobbyist/shop.. that can get to this level - even a checklist of BEST items used/needed - this is what i have so far as a list but without any real concrete paths and prob missing "stuff"

>> antenna(s) for the wifi range extender
>> antenna(s) for the camera
>> might be some type of booster / signals?
>> transmitter – not sure on this – extra boost?
>> ability to waypoint and plan trip – no controllers needed, need to look into this
>> video screen tablet – need holder for remote

tebowner said:
My goal is to get my Phantom Vision upgraded to fly 2 miles out and back... basically as far as the battery will allow ... due to time constraints I cannot research and build everything...

can anyone suggest, point me to, have a company or hobbyist/shop.. that can get to this level - even a checklist of BEST items used/needed - this is what i have so far as a list but without any real concrete paths and prob missing "stuff"

>> antenna(s) for the wifi range extender
>> antenna(s) for the camera
>> might be some type of booster / signals?
>> transmitter – not sure on this – extra boost?
>> ability to waypoint and plan trip – no controllers needed, need to look into this
>> video screen tablet – need holder for remote

You'll probably get more answers if you post this in the vision forum. The P2 will do 5km stock with a good FPV setup.

tebowner said:
"good fpv" - which is best and what are the mods, links to get this don? i also posted in Vision area thk you

Read the following thread. It sounds unique to one brand but just about everything is covered in it. There are several long distance flights documented with the gear they used. Note that there is *much* more than one solution.

If you want my opinion for a long range setup, then get a TS832 (ignore the BS on some sites about power - it does fine - I have two of them). Get a high quality cloverleaf for the aircraft and a helical for the ground station. For the ground station, get an UNO and hook it to either goggles or a monitor. Now... having said that, opinions about this are like belly-buttons. Everyone has one. Read this thread and make your choice: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8406&hilit=spironet

My setup (which I've only sent out to 600 meters because of where I fly) is a Circular Wireless helical, a Diversity ground receiver (monitor and two receivers in one). Stock stick antenna on one rx and the helical on the other. A CW skew planar on the aircraft.

To get the antennas, go to eBay - don't buy cheap ones. IBCrazy or Circular Wireless are good choices here in the states.
To get the rx, look up UNO on google. If you want a Diversity rx then go to Foxtechfpv or helipal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj